Mrs Irma Mooney

• 2 years later...

OMG BEA ARTHUR!!!!

What a fantastic idea! I also envisioned Mrs. Mooney as the one person (besides Mr. Cheever) who could really make Mooney crawl on the floor and plead for mercy. I could just see Mooney yelling at Lucy about something or other, then Irma walks in, gives him that classic Bea Arthur deadpan stare, and he quakes in front of her.

That would've been a scream! Pity the writers didn't think of having her make a cameo in the final episode!

I can see Lucy manipulating Mr. Mooney through his wife by blackmail.  "If you fire me, then I will tell your wife ...". 

Mrs. Mooney would have been a good plot device for the show. I would have loved to seen Lucy be on top once in awhile.

• 3 years later...
On 9/18/2017 at 0:38 PM, Luvsbway said:

Oh my. Well the author thinks Alice from the Brady Bunch was a big lesbian who only had Sam around as a beard. Maybe there was some kinky power shift thing going on in the Mooney marriage.

SInce we now know Mr. Brady was gay in real life, one could surmise (just for fun) that Sam indeed was not only acting as "beard" for Alice but was also stopping by for booty calls with Mr. Brady when the Mrs. and Alice were out shopping. Just sayin'.... :blink:

On 9/30/2017 at 5:53 PM, LittleRickyII said:

If this isn't Irma Mooney, who is it?

9d2320614611333.jpg

She doesn't look like a professional wrestler, so bow-legged that if she straightened up she'd be 7 feet tall, or a woman mistaken by a cop for "a big tough-looking guy".  Too bad they never added the character to the show.

Mooney got thrown off the set of the Beach Party movie for "drooling" and I'm assuming it was not over Frankie Avalon.  Also he had that Atlantic City relationship with Edie Adams. 

If any Gale Gordon character was "questionable" it would be never-married Harry Carter, though he did have his flings with Dona (Kaye Ballard), Gertie (though wasn't wild about their attempts to rekindle the romances)  and Mrs. Fleetwood, but she may have been attractive for her money.   However he wrestled the binoculars away from Jack Benny when they learned Raquel Welch was sunbathing.  

But when it came to marriage, he "took the veil" after he saw how his friends' marriages were working out. 

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

She doesn't look like a professional wrestler, so bow-legged that if she straightened up she'd be 7 feet tall, or a woman mistaken by a cop for "a big tough-looking guy".  Too bad they never added the character to the show.

Mooney got thrown off the set of the Beach Party movie for "drooling" and I'm assuming it was not over Frankie Avalon.  Also he had that Atlantic City relationship with Edie Adams. 

If any Gale Gordon character was "questionable" it would be never-married Harry Carter, though he did have his flings with Dona (Kaye Ballard), Gertie (though wasn't wild about their attempts to rekindle the romances)  and Mrs. Fleetwood, but she may have been attractive for her money.   However he wrestled the binoculars away from Jack Benny when they learned Raquel Welch was sunbathing.  

But when it came to marriage, he "took the veil" after he saw how his friends' marriages were working out. 

So who is the woman in the picture, Mr. Mooney's mistress?  I agree that Jody Gilbert  Jody Gilbert or Minerva Urekal  would suit the part according to the way Mrs. Mooney is described.  Or maybe Martha Raye or Marjorie Main.

Archived