Lucy dates Dean Martin

I never realized how great of an episode this was! lolz.

I especially enjoyed the bit when they were dancing and Lucy kept humming the tune "da-da-da da dee da"

And when he was singing and Lucy was all "It makes me so mad, you even SING better than he does!"

I just wasn't wild about her long wig in this one--it looked way better on Here's Lucy.

And the line about Liberace made me laugh out loud. :lucyhaha:

I especially enjoyed the bit when they were dancing and Lucy kept humming the tune "da-da-da da dee da"

And when he was singing and Lucy was all "It makes me so mad, you even SING better than he does!"

I just wasn't wild about her long wig in this one--it looked way better on Here's Lucy.

I agree, I really loved this episode and I completely agree about the wig - I didn't like it either. Yes, she looks glam but it's that "bob" in the wig that is not attractive on her. Dean Martin is very attractive in this episode as well!

Her hair N E V E R looked better! E V E R ! Made her look sexy as hell and twenty years younger AT LEAST!

I agree, I really loved this episode and I completely agree about the wig - I didn't like it either. Yes, she looks glam but it's that "bob" in the wig that is not attractive on her. Dean Martin is very attractive in this episode as well!

You and Ched can start a wensite devoted to her OTHER hairstyles but i will remain President of the Dean Martin hairstyle for Lucy fan club till the day i die, she N E V E R looked better in any hairstyle, i'm gay and i was turned on by her here, LOL! And little Claude is NEVER wrong about what excites HIM. :lucythrill:

Yeah I always find it funny that she wanted to keep a younger look but went for a hairstyle that made her look older....

I'm confused - are you saying that the bob wig made her look older or her normal wigs made her look older?

sorry meant when she had longer hair when she cut it to the short puffed up lengtj it aged her

I completely agree. Her natural hair during I Love Lucy and the normal wigs she wore on TLS and HL, even the longer wigs she wore towards the end of HL were very flattering but that "bob" she wore a couple of times during TLS were not flattering.

sorry meant when she had longer hair when she cut it to the short puffed up lengtj it aged her

Could i get the translation to that line, i just dun't get it. Longer hair, like in the Dean Martin one made her look much YOUNGER, it was the CBS honchos that made her go back to the other style and shorter on the beginning of Here's Lucy DID make her look younger though, that i will concede whereas longer at the end of Here's Lucy made her look older but the fact that she was older factored in also. Hope MY line ws as confusing as YOURS, LOL!

I completely agree. Her natural hair during I Love Lucy and the normal wigs she wore on TLS and HL, even the longer wigs she wore towards the end of HL were very flattering but that "bob" she wore a couple of times during TLS were not flattering.

Well, guess I'm in the minority on this topic: I much preferred this "bob" style -- which was quite popular during the era (mid-60s) this show took place --

to her "normal wigs" (whatever that is!) she wore in most shows. I don't think it affected how "old" she looked one way or the other, but to me, there is something about it that actually makes her seem younger.

I think at this point she was in such a position that NO CBS brass had either the nerve or the clout to tell HER how to wear her hair: I'm betting it was either Irma or someone else among her intimates -- perhaps even Gary -- that may have suggested, however slightly, that it made her look more mature and perhaps she misinterpreted that as "looking older", which is certainly something she was pretty sensitive about. :lucydaze:

YEah, I don't think it made her look older, I just don't find the bob look very flattering, probably because it looks funny on the side, very heavy on the top and sides, just by looking at all the pictures of her that you have up there Joey.

I agree with claude. The wig gave her some much needed flavor.

Honestly i kept imagining lucy as a white version of Diana Ross in that wig.

Oh yeah, you're right, i can just picture Lucy singing MY WORLD IS ENDING WITHOUT YOU BABE to Gale with Mary Wickes and Mary Jane as back up singers, just loverly! :maryjane1::lucy2::maryjane2: Sorry no Mary Wickes thingy and none with Lucy with her most beautiful and sexy LOOK longer hair. God, if i had seen her then, i would have jumped her for sure!

You know what I really like(LOVE!!!) about this episode. Dean Martin treats Lucy Carmichael like a princess. I can't think of anyone else that Lucy Carmichael dated in the "The Lucy Show" series that treated her in this way. Well,now I can think of a couple of times but they weren't as special as DEAN MARTIN treating her like a princess!!! :lucy2:

You know what I really like(LOVE!!!) about this episode. Dean Martin treats Lucy Carmichael like a princess. I can't think of anyone else that Lucy Carmichael dated in the "The Lucy Show" series that treated her in this way. Well,now I can think of a couple of times but they weren't as special as DEAN MARTIN treating her like a princess!!! :lucy2:

I disagree - Clint Walker treated her VERY much like a princess, if not more.

OMG, you are so R I G H T, never thought of that, she was finally being treated right by a suitor and the poor woman had suffered through a couple of dates with that goldapper fella. :lucydisgust:

The Brawny Man treated Lucy Carmichael like a princess and more? Did he dance with her? Did he give her a special gift? Did he compliment her? Did he croon to her?

Nope, he did NOT, what he did was almost KILL her if she woke him up as the big lummox fell asleep on her. And he took down a support beam in her kitchen too, LOL! :lucythrill::lucy2:

Archived