"Holy Grail" of Unreleased Lucy?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always wondered why one special of his was in color and the other black and white.  Probably the one in color is the one where they paid her 100 thousand just to come back to TV.

Lucy's second appearance with Danny Kaye was not a special, it was an episode of his weekly variety show. The Danny Kaye Show, like most CBS shows, was in black and white until 1965. The 1962 special was "in living color" on NBC.

Thanks but I knew that, just my lousy wording again, one was a special and the other . . . . was in black and white, meaning the other appearance with him.  Should have known that the reason it was so great was because Jess Oppenheimer was behind it.  She should have worked more with him, but I guess Desi and he did not get along that great so Desi might have vetoed any other gigs with Jess involved.

Put me down for a copy of THAT!

I like to think of Lucy and Desi having a great sex life. They had such passion for each other, imagine in the bedroom? I'm not saying this as disrespectful at all, I just truly have a love for their true love for each other. They made me believe in love and passion.

My order of preference for the same four would be The Kaye special first, then the Nashville one, then her last series and then The Good Years which was more serious than entertaining.  Of course I already have the first three so I should want the Good Years special first but I heard it ain't so grand so . . . I'll take anything of Lucy's really.

My order of preference for the same four would be The Kaye special first, then the Nashville one, then her last series and then The Good Years which was more serious than entertaining.  Of course I already have the first three so I should want the Good Years special first but I heard it ain't so grand so . . . I'll take anything of Lucy's really.

Lucy's big number is brilliant in The Good Years -- that should be at the top of your list. ;)

I've never been that BIG on country music either, but even though Lucy only hosts the thing, I loved the special LUCY IN NASHVILLE.  Sorry Brock, I thought Harry Carter had said the special, which he saw at the Museum of Broadcasting or whatever it's called lately and said it was so so.  Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong as usual.  I do think she looked great in it though.

I've never been that BIG on country music either, but even though Lucy only hosts the thing, I loved the special LUCY IN NASHVILLE.  Sorry Brock, I thought Harry Carter had said the special, which he saw at the Museum of Broadcasting or whatever it's called lately and said it was so so.  Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong as usual.  I do think she looked great in it though.

It's so so when Lucy's not onscreen. She has some of the best musical numbers ever in The Good Years. 

I would love to see:

1. The Good Years

2. The Steve Lawrence Show (Sept. 1965 w/Lucy as guest)

3. The Milton Berle Show (Sept. 1966 w/Lucy as guest)

4. The Danny Kaye Show (1962 special w/Lucy)

5. The Greatest Show On Earth - ABC series 1963-64

6. Life With Lucy (boxed set w/extras)

Archived