The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread !

Brock

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Lucy's Dean Martin Celebrity Roast:

!CE6hh8Q!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjYE1CrCz,nHBNTc,,ipbQ~~_3.JPG

I'm assuming the people not in the picture (Viv, Gale, Ginger Rogers, Jack Benny, Bob Hope) had their segments taped at a different time (which is probably why we see the same shots of Ginger, Jack, and Bob laughing over and over and over again).

From Lucy's Dean Martin Celebrity Roast:

!CE6hh8Q!2k~$(KGrHqYOKjYE1CrCz,nHBNTc,,ipbQ~~_3.JPG

I'm assuming the people not in the picture (Viv, Gale, Ginger Rogers, Jack Benny, Bob Hope) had their segments taped at a different time (which is probably why we see the same shots of Ginger, Jack, and Bob laughing over and over and over again).

What a great photo, don't recall ever seeing that one before, i knew about Jack taping his segment seperately but had no idea about Bob and Ginger. Lucy lookes absolutely gorgeous there. What a great assemblage of comedy royalty, well, except for that one clinker in there, LOL! And when Nipsey saw the pic, he must have thought, BLACK MAN IN THE BACK AGAIN! LOL! The guy who made me laugh the loudest is barely in the picture, Foster Brooks who i was never BIG on till that night and his great LOOSE, that's what the football team called her!

Who is that small gur or girl? standing to the left infront of Gary Morton? I honestly can't make out if that's a guy or a girl and who they are..................

Ruth Buzzi of Laugh In fame in costume for the character she did on that show which she also did on these roasts as well... she'd be on a park bench, would be approached by a dirty old man played by Arte Johnson, he'd hit on her and she'd hit him back with her purse till he fell off the bench onto the ground. ;)

Ruth Buzzi of Laugh In fame in costume for the character she did on that show which she also did on these roasts as well... she'd be on a park bench, would be approached by a dirty old man played by Arte Johnson, he'd hit on her and she'd hit him back with her purse till he fell off the bench onto the ground. ;)

Yes, i've often done that routine, i ask a girl to hit me after i say CAN YOU CALL ME YOUR NIGHTTIME LOVER? Then she hits me, then i say CAN YOU CALL ME YOU SWEET LOVE GOD? Then she hits me much harder, then i say, CAN YOU CALL ME AN AMBULANCE, as i fall over, i get laughs with that every time, Ruth and Arte were so great with that. And that was my fave of their many sketches and routines.

Yes, i've often done that routine, i ask a girl to hit me after i say CAN YOU CALL ME YOUR NIGHTTIME LOVER? Then she hits me, then i say CAN YOU CALL ME YOU SWEET LOVE GOD? Then she hits me much harder, then i say, CAN YOU CALL ME AN AMBULANCE, as i fall over, i get laughs with that every time, Ruth and Arte were so great with that. And that was my fave of their many sketches and routines.

Nowadays he just cuts right to the chase and just keels over! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE these with Hank! Now is the second one a publicity still for BS? It certainly isn't a scene from the film (she never had her hair that way in any scene that I can recall). Anyone? ;)

Have no idea, but i can tell you it's definitely NOT from their 60's special The Good Years unless they touched them up a helluva lot! :lucythrill::hlLOL:

LOVE these with Hank! Now is the second one a publicity still for BS? It certainly isn't a scene from the film (she never had her hair that way in any scene that I can recall). Anyone? ;)

It's definitely a promo shot from "The Big Street." I thought at one point during the film her hair was styled like that. Regardless of her hairstyle, it's a publicity photo for "The Big Street." Lucy and Eddie Albert took a bunch of publicity shoots for "The Fuller Brush Girl" with Lucy's hair in a very Lucy Ricardo style even though she never wore her hair like that at all in the film.

Pity they never worked together. mellow.gif

Yeah, true, probably because he once made a comment about the tyranical behavior on some sets, somebody had been very vocal to him about the behavior on her set so he was probably scared to go on with her, LOL! I think maury thompson was making extra money as Jack's gardener at the time so . . . . Lucy was a fan of Jack's, also Walter Matthau, his buddy, and even their former director on a few pictures Billy Wilder, Lucy even attended his American Film Institute tribute banquet.

ft0ci71gopxxfx0o.jpg

jgloro4ewdhkjklw.jpg

8k6oq7xy0fxa8a60.jpg

flx1ijnjlb6e1xje.jpg

h4f0wglevmt9mv9g.jpg

A treasure trove!

Picture One: How about something like this for the chronology cover:

TITLE: Love, Lucy - Looking Back....

[i've asked LaMar to find one he 'did' on the Old Lounge, with Lucille looking back over her shoulder; and have asked him to find it, as a possibility for the cover...I just love his artwork of Lucille; want lots of 'it' for the chronology - hope he and I can 'agree' on same....]

Love, JK

Archived