Our Lucy Collections!

I thought I might start a new topic that involves the Lucy stuff we collect. For me it is only dvds and books but I am sure others have different items as well. I have taken some photos but are not super clear but you can see what I have.

post-60-066586700 1312193931_thumb.jpg

I have 13 Lucy books. All from Amazon. Some from the US and the rest from the UK. We may not get many Lucy books in Australia but with the strong Aussie dollar and free shipping from Amazon UK until August 15. I have been able to get a few books here and there this year. I have not read them all but I can see that they are all fantastic books and worthwhile having in my collection. I will get more and hope to get the 60th anniversary book, Madelyn's book and also the one from Jess Oppenheimer.

post-60-035841200 1312194058_thumb.jpg

As for dvds I have every season avaliable of Lucy's shows. I Love Lucy (Region 1) seasons 1-9, The Lucy Show (Region 1) seasons 1-4 and Here's Lucy (Region 4) seasons 1-4. I hope to see seasons 5 of TLS and HL out later this year and s6 out next year. I also have seasons 1-3 of I Love Lucy from region 1 but they do not have special features but most Aussie fans who can't or won't buy from the US can enjoy these great episodes. Here's Lucy is avaliable in Australia so I am buying those versions. I also have 2 classic movies The Long Long Tralier and Forever Darling in one pack as well as the 50th Anniversary special and the ILL movie. I have bought the film collection from Amazon and expect it soon. I also have Stage Door on dvd. It was a cheap one to get but its not in the photo.

I thought I might start a new topic that involves the Lucy stuff we collect. For me it is only dvds and books but I am sure others have different items as well. I have taken some photos but are not super clear but you can see what I have.

I have 13 Lucy books. All from Amazon. Some from the US and the rest from the UK. We may not get many Lucy books in Australia but with the strong Aussie dollar and free shipping from Amazon UK until August 15. I have been able to get a few books here and there this year. I have not read them all but I can see that they are all fantastic books and worthwhile having in my collection. I will get more and hope to get the 60th anniversary book, Madelyn's book and also the one from Jess Oppenheimer.

As for dvds I have every season avaliable of Lucy's shows. I Love Lucy (Region 1) seasons 1-9, The Lucy Show (Region 1) seasons 1-4 and Here's Lucy (Region 4) seasons 1-4. I hope to see seasons 5 of TLS and HL out later this year and s6 out next year. I also have seasons 1-3 of I Love Lucy from region 1 but they do not have special features but most Aussie fans who can't or won't buy from the US can enjoy these great episodes. Here's Lucy is avaliable in Australia so I am buying those versions. I also have 2 classic movies The Long Long Tralier and Forever Darling in one pack as well as the 50th Anniversary special and the ILL movie. I have bought the film collection from Amazon and expect it soon. I also have Stage Door on dvd. It was a cheap one to get but its not in the photo.

Very nice indeed, i see you collect the same things us die hard fans collect, how come not many of her movies?

I've never understood why they feel they have to change covers and such for foreign releases, even if the changes are minor (see the Here's Lucy covers), but in this case, they don't look as nice as ours, from what I can see (the scans are kinda blurry).

Just curious, on the one that shows the DVD collection, unfamiliar with the one to the right of the I Love Lucy Movie -- the pic is all Lucy, just her face really big -- what's that one called or have on it? Not seen that one here.

lucysmirk.JPG

Thanks! Now you need to add her Lucille Ball Specials (on MPI like HL), the movie box set with Mame, Critics Choice, etc., some ballet slippers, a crushy belt and all you're all set!

;)

I've never understood why they feel they have to change covers and such for foreign releases, even if the changes are minor (see the Here's Lucy covers), but in this case, they don't look as nice as ours, from what I can see (the scans are kinda blurry).

Just curious, on the one that shows the DVD collection, unfamiliar with the one to the right of the I Love Lucy Movie -- the pic is all Lucy, just her face really big -- what's that one called or have on it? Not seen that one here.

lucysmirk.JPG

Thanks! Now you need to add her Lucille Ball Specials (on MPI like HL), the movie box set with Mame, Critics Choice, etc., some ballet slippers, a crushy belt and all you're all set!

;)

Dun't forget the TCM new one with four more movies and the LOST material ones.

Great pics!

Is The Long, Long Trailer/Forever Darling combo the DVD below ILL "Seasons 7, 8, and 9" ?

Do the Australian editions of the HL DVDs differ at all (aside from packaging) from the Region 1 versions?

The Long Long Trailer/Forever Darling combo is the one below ILL S7-9. It was released in 2008 and I was lucky to get it as it was discontinued in 2009. Warner Bros released Doris Day and Elvis movies among others in 2 movie sets and we were lucky they released 2 of Lucy's best. TLLT was the first Lucy movie I saw and the one I like the most.

The Australian Here's Lucy dvd sets have the same special features and picture quality as the US ones but packaging is different.They are just like The Lucy Show where they have a cardboard slip case. The slip case has a colored background while the actual dvd has the same background as the US ones Australia has different classification to other countries and it must be put on all dvds and video games so thats another difference.

I am sorry the photos are not the clearest. I took them from my phone as I do not have a digital camera but you can still what I have - plenty of Lucy books and dvds and they were all worth it. I will try to take better ones as the collecction will get bigger.

I am waiting for the film collection with Mame etc to arrive. Amazon has shipped it and should arrive in a week. it would be nice to have more of her movies but I do have some and will have more soon. The Lucy specials will be nice to have but I did hear from the distributor of the Here's Lucy dvds here in Australia that they had the rights to the specials and were looking into releasing them all together once they were all released in the US. At this stage Lucy Moves to NBC is yet to be released so we just have to wait. I will wait and see what happens there and when the specials are released in Australia I will get them.

Thanks for looking at my collection :)

The Long Long Trailer/Forever Darling combo is the one below ILL S7-9. It was released in 2008 and I was lucky to get it as it was discontinued in 2009. Warner Bros released Doris Day and Elvis movies among others in 2 movie sets and we were lucky they released 2 of Lucy's best. TLLT was the first Lucy movie I saw and the one I like the most.

The Australian Here's Lucy dvd sets have the same special features and picture quality as the US ones but packaging is different.They are just like The Lucy Show where they have a cardboard slip case. The slip case has a colored background while the actual dvd has the same background as the US ones Australia has different classification to other countries and it must be put on all dvds and video games so thats another difference.

I am sorry the photos are not the clearest. I took them from my phone as I do not have a digital camera but you can still what I have - plenty of Lucy books and dvds and they were all worth it. I will try to take better ones as the collecction will get bigger.

I am waiting for the film collection with Mame etc to arrive. Amazon has shipped it and should arrive in a week. it would be nice to have more of her movies but I do have some and will have more soon. The Lucy specials will be nice to have but I did hear from the distributor of the Here's Lucy dvds here in Australia that they had the rights to the specials and were looking into releasing them all together once they were all released in the US. At this stage Lucy Moves to NBC is yet to be released so we just have to wait. I will wait and see what happens there and when the specials are released in Australia I will get them.

Well, it's one terrific collection and you should be proud. Wait till you get the Lucille Ball collection with Mame and The Big Street, that is one of the best Lucy things to own.

And it is a nice one, Congrats!

Interesting tidbit about TLBS, as I'd heard that Lucy Moves to NBC would be coming out in July, but instead we got the Best of HL DVD instead, so I dunno what's up with that! Wish they'd get it released already! lucythrill.JPG

How cool they're going to offer the specials all as one package -- maybe they should have (will?) done that here, too. ;)

I am certainly looking forward to getting the film collection. Amazon has had it under $20 which is a very good price plus the Aussie dollar is very strong at the moment however there were times I could not buy it as it would not ship to Australia but was able to recently. Depends on who distributes I guess but I am still lucky. I am sure I will enjoy those movies though.

I can wait to see the specials. I really want to see the President one and I can wait for it. I do hope Australia gets the specials soon but it all depends on when Lucy Moves to NBC gets released in the US and if the Australian distributor of Here's Lucy will still release them. They will release the rest of Here's Lucy however. The special features on there are fantastic. Don't see many shows get that treatment on dvd.

I am certainly looking forward to getting the film collection. Amazon has had it under $20 which is a very good price plus the Aussie dollar is very strong at the moment however there were times I could not buy it as it would not ship to Australia but was able to recently. Depends on who distributes I guess but I am still lucky. I am sure I will enjoy those movies though.

I can wait to see the specials. I really want to see the President one and I can wait for it. I do hope Australia gets the specials soon but it all depends on when Lucy Moves to NBC gets released in the US and if the Australian distributor of Here's Lucy will still release them. They will release the rest of Here's Lucy however. The special features on there are fantastic. Don't see many shows get that treatment on dvd.

The Lucille Ball movie collection was going for 49.99 here when it first came out many moons ago, but was on sale last week for 29.99 so you got a GREAT deal.

I'll post some pics later but I've got quite a bit.

Film: I Love Lucy (complete series), The Lucy Show (1-4), Here's Lucy (1-4), The Lucille Ball Film Collection, Fancy Pants, The Lucy & Desi Collection, Lured, I Love Lucy 50th anniversary special as well as a number of her films lovingly burnt for me on DVD-Rs (Her Husband's Affairs, Next Time I Marry, The Magic Carpet, The Facts of Life, both Annabel films, Beauty for the Asking, Five Came Back, The Fuller Brush Girl, Having Wonderful Time, Valley of the Sun and Meet The People).

Audio: A CD boxed set with some of her better radio performances and the Mame soundtrack. I used to have the soundtrack for TLLT and Babalu Music bit sadly both have gone missing. :-(

Books: Love, Lucy, Lucy & Desi Scrapbook, Rick's Lucy paper dolls, I Love Lucy 50th Anniversary Book, For The Love of Lucy, Yapp's book, Wyman's trivia book, The I Love Lucy Book, Lucy at the Movies, Life After Lucy, Lucy and the Madcap Mystery, The Lucy Book.

Random: Stage Door script (in no way tied to the movie), Life With Lucy script (repro, can't remember which ep), numerous magazine ads (Pepsi, Roma Wine, loads of Phillip Morris, and lots of movies-Dark Corner, Fancy Pants, Without Love, Lured...there's scads more), Vitameatavegamin snowglobe, Barbies (Lucy is Enciente, Lucy's Italian Movie, The Operetta, Job Switching, Lucy Gets a Paris Gown), two bottles of wine from Jamestown (one signed by Carole Cook, the other by Melody Thomas Scott), tin signs (TLLT, Lucille Ball USPS stamp, I Love Lucy), Lucy Gets Into Pictures bobblehead, Lucy Does A Television Commercial talking and moving doll (pretty bizarre), talking I Love Lucy wall clock, german The Fuller Brush Girl program, lobby cards (Her Husband's Affairs, The Fuller Brush Girl), and scads of 8x10s, magazines, magazine covers and clippings, etc. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch...I have several tubs filled to the brim with Lucy goodies.

And I cannot believe I forgot my favorite Lucy piece ever! It's a painting (about 12" x 36") of Lucy Ricardo trapped in the kitchen by that huge loaf of bread from Pioneer Women. Painted by Gary Peters (whom I believe is responsible for the murals in Jamestown), I snagged it at the auction during the birthday celebration in '03. Not many 16 year olds save their money all summer to buy artwork, lol. I still say it's the best $200 I ever spent.

What's the Dvd next to I Love Lucy: The Movie?

What's the Dvd next to I Love Lucy: The Movie? Are the M.P.I. Lucy specials available there?

The dvd next to ILL Movie is a Lucille Ball Classics dvd from Warner Bros containing Forever Darling and Long Long Trailer. It was released in Australia for a short time in 2008 and I was lucky to get it.

The Lucy specials are not avaliable but i believe they will be. The distributor of Here's Lucy told me when I asked once before that they have the rights to the specials and were looking into releasing them all together once they were avaliable in the US. Have to wait until the NBC one is released first. I am hoping the specials will be released in Australia with season 5 or 6 of Here's Lucy.

The dvd next to ILL Movie is a Lucille Ball Classics dvd from Warner Bros containing Forever Darling and Long Long Trailer. It was released in Australia for a short time in 2008 and I was lucky to get it.

The Lucy specials are not avaliable but i believe they will be. The distributor of Here's Lucy told me when I asked once before that they have the rights to the specials and were looking into releasing them all together once they were avaliable in the US. Have to wait until the NBC one is released first. I am hoping the specials will be released in Australia with season 5 or 6 of Here's Lucy.

Well, I hope you're able to get The Lucy Specials soon! :)

My Lucille Ball DVD Collection

I Love Lucy Season 1

I Love Lucy Season 2

I Love Lucy Season 3

I Love Lucy Season 4

I Love Lucy Season 5

I Love Lucy Season 6

The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hours

I Love Lucy The Movie

I Love Lucy 50th Anniversary Special

Lucy's Lost Episodes (Goodtimes DVD)

Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie

The Lucy & Desi Movie Collection

(Too Many Girls-The Long,Long Trailer-Forever Darling)

The Lucy Show The Official First Season

The Lucy Show The Official Second Season

The Lucy Show The Official Third Season

The Lucy Show The Official Fourth Season

Here's Lucy Best Loved Episodes (Shout! Factory)

Here's Lucy Season One

Here's Lucy Season Two

Here's Lucy Season Three

Here's Lucy Season Four

CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years (1976)

The LB Specials: Lucy Gets Lucky/Three For Two

The LB Specials: Lucy Calls The President

Life With Lucy The Complete Series (Bootleg)

The Carol Burnett Show ep. 10-2-67 Guest Star Lucille Ball (Bootleg)

The Three Stooges Short - Three Little Pigskins (1934)

Last month, i took them out of the trophy case and laid them out and it was so C O O L to see them all together and realize how much more i have than the bootleg copies i USED to own, together it means that i have practically all her famous DOINGS over the decades. The ones i yearn for the most are now The Good Years special with Hank Fonda and The Tomorrow show interview. The ones i relish the most are The four series of course, i could live without Life wth Lucy, such terrible writing. BUT, some of them i watch all the time and love more than even the series, All Star Party for LB, Kennedy Center Honors, TV Hall of Fame induction of Lucy etc . . .

Last month, i took them out of the trophy case and laid them out and it was so C O O L to see them all together and realize how much more i have than the bootleg copies i USED to own, together it means that i have practically all her famous DOINGS over the decades. The ones i yearn for the most are now The Good Years special with Hank Fonda and The Tomorrow show interview. The ones i relish the most are The four series of course, i could live without Life wth Lucy, such terrible writing. BUT, some of them i watch all the time and love more than even the series, All Star Party for LB, Kennedy Center Honors, TV Hall of Fame induction of Lucy etc . . .

I need to get The Kennedy Center Honers with Lucy, and also the year Carol Burnett was honored.

I need to get The Kennedy Center Honers with Lucy, and also the year Carol Burnett was honored.

I don't recall any of the Burnett tribute except that it was better than Lucy's, bigger production number honoring her than Lucy got and the pall cast over the Lucy tribute as Desi had just died did not help, Lucy even crying at one point.

I don't recall any of the Burnett tribute except that it was better than Lucy's, bigger production number honoring her than Lucy got and the pall cast over the Lucy tribute as Desi had just died did not help, Lucy even crying at one point.

Yeah, I love the production number for Carol! I wish I had recorded that.

Yeah, I love the production number for Carol! I wish I had recorded that.

So do I, wish i had recorded every show those Kennedy Center people ever did, always a great show. And even Carol's All Star Party, like Lucy's was great too with Bette Davis there next to Lucy at one point when all the major stars got together, should have recorded that one too.

• 1 month later...

I've got practically every DVD shown in the picture, plus the Lucille Ball Film Boxset. I also tracked down all 5 Columbia House tapes years before The Lucy Show was released on DVD. I used to have many VHS volumes of the I Love Lucy collection, but sold most of them in garage sales after I got the DVDs

Archived