Lucy's 100th Birthday in the Media

Brock

Maybe Lucy never popped around to shoot the breeze. :P

No, i think it was more about the buddies he had in show business and it's normal that he wouldn't hang out with Lucy but their working together so often and her not mentionning Lucy just drove me nuts. Whereas every time she's been asked or interviewed about Lucy she tells the nicest stories and makes the most respectful statements. I just thought she should have been included in that book as she was the most important female comedic actress who ever lived.

No, i think it was more about the buddies he had in show business and it's normal that he wouldn't hang out with Lucy but their working together so often and her not mentionning Lucy just drove me nuts. Whereas every time she's been asked or interviewed about Lucy she tells the nicest stories and makes the most respectful statements. I just thought she should have been included in that book as she was the most important female comedic actress who ever lived.

Marlo told the "she's in the men's room with Lucy" story in the book. It's very possible Lucy never went to the Thomases' house. Look how Lucie said on The Merv Griffin Show she never met Bob Hope before.

News report on the opening of the Lucy exhibit at the Hollywood Museum with Lucie, Valerie Harper, Ruta Lee THE MOVIE STAR!!!, Rose Marie, Rip Taylor, and more!

Other "names" and/or familiar faces in attendance included Marjorie Lord ("Danny Thomas Show"), Doris "Carolyn Appleby" Singleton, Arthur Hamilton (songwriter, "Poor Everybody Else"), Wanda Clark, Jimmy Garrett, Dan Cahn, Tom Watson, Rick Carl, George Ridjaneck, Garret Boyajian, Alison ("LIttle House on the Prairie") Angrim, Mary ("the Waltons") McDonoguh, Morgan Britteny and Eric Shea ("Yours, Mine and Ours"), and many, many others!

What a fabulous evening!! :D

Other "names" and/or familiar faces in attendance included Marjorie Lord ("Danny Thomas Show"), Doris "Carolyn Appleby" Singleton, Arthur Hamilton (songwriter, "Poor Everybody Else"), Wanda Clark, Jimmy Garrett, Dan Cahn, Tom Watson, Rick Carl, George Ridjaneck, Garret Boyajian, Alison ("LIttle House on the Prairie") Angrim, Mary ("the Waltons") McDonoguh, Morgan Britteny and Eric Shea ("Yours, Mine and Ours"), and many, many others!

What a fabulous evening!! :D

Wow, bigger turnout of Lucy affiliated names in Los Angeles than in Jamestown and New York combined.

I've checked out Google but I don't see anything............

The American Google home page has a Lucy themed Google Doodle. I wish there was a way to save it all in one place.

Unlike the Ricardo TV set the chassy does NOT slide out all in one piece. :lucyblah:

Wow, lots of great articles & clips -- be back later to read & view when I have more time. Thanks for posting them, everyone!

In the August issue of Woman's Day magazine, there is a two page ad on pp2-3 for the DVD: The Best of "I Love Lucy". Starts out, in large font size with:

"I Love Lucy" Just as popular-and funny!- after 60 years

Family fun for everyone

Very cool -- it would have been fun to see just one page but CBS/Paramount/Target sprang for two? Nice! B)

Wow, lots of great articles & clips -- be back later to read & view when I have more time. Thanks for posting them, everyone!

In the August issue of Woman's Day magazine, there is a two page ad on pp2-3 for the DVD: The Best of "I Love Lucy". Starts out, in large font size with:

"I Love Lucy" Just as popular-and funny!- after 60 years

Family fun for everyone

Very cool -- it would have been fun to see just one page but CBS/Paramount/Target sprang for two? Nice! B)

They used that bottomless well of Lucy profits they had to pay for it, LOL!

Not much on her huh? LOL! This is wehat her last ten years would have been like had she had a decent manager.

Archived