Beauty For The Asking

Brock

This is a really nice movie of lucy's. Although it's got a lot of the ideas of the 30's...I couldn't believe some of the lines lol

I don't think I've seen BEAUTY FOR THE ASKING since I taped it when AMC aired it in the late 1980's but I enjoyed it at the time for what it was, an unusually earthy B for the 1930's and like you I loved some of those lines. Isn't this the one where Lucy informs her beau that "Neckin' ain't safe while driving a car" or something like that. I also seem to recall she referred to her rivals as "bimbos". A Garbo picture this one ain't! :lucythrill:

No, Big Street was still with RKO, but the following year '43, she was in A starrers at MGM.

So the first film where she was really well known would have been "Dubarry Was a Lady"? I mean, she was known as "Queen of the B's" but there were also several B style films even during her MGM days.

So the first film where she was really well known would have been "Dubarry Was a Lady"? I mean, she was known as "Queen of the B's" but there were also several B style films even during her MGM days.

I dun't thin MGM made any B's, they might have been B's for her but they were A's for most people, LOL!

Archived