Lucy Sightings!

Brock

The Simpsons had a semi-Lucy-related reference again tonight:

Tonight's episode featured Homer becoming intimidated of Bart and Homer had a dream sequence where Bart was bullying him through pop culture references. One had Bart as Joe Jackson yelling at Homer as Michael, another had Bart as Mo'Nique and Homer as Gabourey Sidibe in Precious, and one had... well, I don't know what they were referencing with this one, but Bart and Homer were playing basketball:

Bart: You're going to write a book about it?! YOU COULDN'T GET IN THE DOOR OF RANDOM HOUSE IF YOUR NAME WAS BENNETT CERF III!

The Simpsons had a semi-Lucy-related reference again tonight:

Tonight's episode featured Homer becoming intimidated of Bart and Homer had a dream sequence where Bart was bullying him through pop culture references. One had Bart as Joe Jackson yelling at Homer as Michael, another had Bart as Mo'Nique and Homer as Gabourey Sidibe in Precious, and one had... well, I don't know what they were referencing with this one, but Bart and Homer were playing basketball:

Bart: You're going to write a book about it?! YOU COULDN'T GET IN THE DOOR OF RANDOM HOUSE IF YOUR NAME WAS BENNETT CERF III!

Yes, well, i hadn't seen The Simpsons that often lately but cracked up at this montage, especialy the one from mom to Precious, WHAT OTHER ROLE CAN YOU POSSIBLY GET LOOKING LIKE YOU DO? :marionstrong:

• 2 weeks later...

Meet The People? Thank you, i'd rather not, that was horrible, even the music was horrid, the only word i can use to describe it is YUCK! Lucy looked lovely in her great wardrobe though and Dick Powell sings well, at least when he's given decent music to sing. What a waste of a blank dvd.

• Like 1

There was an "I Love Lucy" sighting on TV last night (Aussie TV that is!)

We have a news program called "Today, Tonight" where they discuss the issues and news of today. There was one story on how telephones have changed over the years. People rarely use a land line anymore, they use their cell phones. At the start of the story they were showing flashbacks of old movies and TV shows when the popular house phone took the world by storm. They should a scene from I Love Lucy where Ricky and Fred were sitting on the couch in the livingroom and the phone rang. Ricky picked it up and said "haaallo". I cant remember what episode its from. I think its "Ricky and Fred are TV Fans".

Quite cool! :D

There was an "I Love Lucy" sighting on TV last night (Aussie TV that is!)

We have a news program called "Today, Tonight" where they discuss the issues and news of today. There was one story on how telephones have changed over the years. People rarely use a land line anymore, they use their cell phones. At the start of the story they were showing flashbacks of old movies and TV shows when the popular house phone took the world by storm. They should a scene from I Love Lucy where Ricky and Fred were sitting on the couch in the livingroom and the phone rang. Ricky picked it up and said "haaallo". I cant remember what episode its from. I think its "Ricky and Fred are TV Fans".

Quite cool! :D

I'm surprised they sprang for the cost of that clip, unless i think they dun't have to pay when it's a very short clip. It's like when they play the first eight notes of a song, i dun't thin they pay for those either.

I'm surprised they sprang for the cost of that clip, unless i think they dun't have to pay when it's a very short clip. It's like when they play the first eight notes of a song, i dun't thin they pay for those either.

Yeah this clip literally went for 5 seconds (if that!). So dunt think there was much Xpenses!

• 2 weeks later...

Barbara Eden's book mentions Lucy and Barb's SPERIENCE of working on the ILL set, she raves about Lucy and how kind she was, but how she used to hide from Desi's amorous advances. She is extremely generous with her praise of Lucy but quite negative when it comes to working with Ann Sothern on HER show, even called her a BITCH.

She is extremely generous with her praise of Lucy but quite negative when it comes to working with Ann Sothern on HER show, even called her a BITCH.

Ah, I look forward to that then. When she was in Jamestown in 2006 (?), someone in the audience asked her about stars she didn't enjoy working with and alluded to Ann Sothern, but if memory serves she did not mention her by name. Afterwards I think we concluded she was talking about Countess Framboise. LOL

Ah, I look forward to that then. When she was in Jamestown in 2006 (?), someone in the audience asked her about stars she didn't enjoy working with and alluded to Ann Sothern, but if memory serves she did not mention her by name. Afterwards I think we concluded she was talking about Countess Framboise. LOL

I was shocked to read that, reading it today, she says Ann went straight to her without saying a word, looked icea as hell didn't even answer Barbara's HELLO, scrammed and went to the producers and said, NO REHEARSAL, LET'S SHOOT THIS CRAP RIGHT AWAY, apparently Barbara was just too pretty for Ann to tolerate. The make up man was overheard by Barbara, on the phone with Ann right after she saw Ms Eden, saying BUT I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO MAKE HER LOOK BAD, after redoing her make up on Ann's say so. Never saw that one coming. Always thought Ann was a doll, maybe this is the reason she did not get to be Viv's replacement on The Lucy Show.

Rob Lowe, guesting on The View, with Betty hite co hosting and sitting right next to him today. Rob told his famous Lucy story, this guy's a regular Carol Burnett, also retelling the same damned Lucy story i have heard him tell on talk shows at least five different times, LOL! I think it may also be in his new book just coming out right now. He tells the story of his infamous singing number on the April '89 Oscar show of course, on which Lucy presented with Bob Hope. You know the one, the Snow White number that everybody panned the next day on the news all over the world. He talks about meeting Lucy in the green room, saying she was sitting alone, he noticed that huge mane of RED hair and then imitates her husky low voice as he quotes her saying THAT HE HAD A GREAT SINGING VOICE AND THAT SHE ENJOYED HIS MUSICAL NUMBER. He said she was alone there, very complimentary towards him and his performance and finally at the end of it asked him to be a dear and go get her some aspirin as she had a splitting headache.

I think it may also be in his new book just coming out right now.

I think it may also be on his answering machine. :lucythrill:

There was a clip on YouTube this morning (since removed) of Penelope Cruz on Leno last night and during the interview they showed a clip of Johnny Depp making a speech about her when they unveiled her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In his remarks, he called Penelope "the Ricky to my Lucy."

I think it may also be on his answering machine. :lucythrill:

There was a clip on YouTube this morning (since removed) of Penelope Cruz on Leno last night and during the interview they showed a clip of Johnny Depp making a speech about her when they unveiled her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. In his remarks, he called Penelope "the Ricky to my Lucy."

LOL on the answering machine line, LOL! A for the Cruz and Depp Lucy mention, sorry i missed that and a joy to hear!

On "The View" yesterday, Rob Lowe said during his 1988 Academy Award appearance. he met and sat down with Lucille Ball. He said Lucille Ball held his hand and told him he was good dancer and singer. Then Lucille Ball requested Rob Lowe to go and give her some aspirin, since she was suffering from a headache.

What is this, a friggin RERUN? LOL!

Rob Lowe, guesting on The View, with Betty hite co hosting and sitting right next to him today. Rob told his famous Lucy story, this guy's a regular Carol Burnett, also retelling the same damned Lucy story i have heard him tell on talk shows at least five different times, LOL! I think it may also be in his new book just coming out right now. He tells the story of his infamous singing number on the April '89 Oscar show of course, on which Lucy presented with Bob Hope. You know the one, the Snow White number that everybody panned the next day on the news all over the world. He talks about meeting Lucy in the green room, saying she was sitting alone, he noticed that huge mane of RED hair and then imitates her husky low voice as he quotes her saying THAT HE HAD A GREAT SINGING VOICE AND THAT SHE ENJOYED HIS MUSICAL NUMBER. He said she was alone there, very complimentary towards him and his performance and finally at the end of it asked him to be a dear and go get her some aspirin as she had a splitting headache.

Here's the original Teri, LOL! But we both told it basically the same, LOL!