Favorite Lucy comic scene of all time . . .

C L A U D E

Today, i saw The Freezer, one of the all time best shows ever written and the comedy was sublime from start to finish. What with that difficult to open ILL box, i haven't seen these shows in a while so i have forgotten how great some of these were. Of course it helps that i'm getting old and am going senile. Like Hank Fonda said in On Golden Pond, it's all NEW to ME!

OMG YES. One of my all time favorite Lucy's. Such perfect comedy.

I swear I'm the only one that my favorite season is season one. So many comedy treasures in that one, they were the first ones I was exposed to as a child. They are very dear to me. I adore them.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "crazed fan" episodes in Hollywood: "L.A. At Last", "The Star Upstairs", "The Dancing Star", "The Tour", "Lucy Visits Grauman's", and "Lucy And John Wayne".

Yup, and of all of those, they all had something really special. L A at Last has always been my all time favorite Hollywood episode and one of the finest shows she ever did. The Star Upstairs it's that ventriloquist routine that puts me away every single time. YEAH, GO AHEAD BOBBY, DO IT AGAIN! LOL! In Dancing Star, Lucy Ricardo shows once and for all that she does have talent and never looked lovelier in that dress. The tour is the least funny except for that terrific routine on the bus, LADY, IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE GETTING THROUGH TO YOU THAT I'M SITTING HERE. The two parter with John Wayne is perfect, a movie star of HIS magnitude interracting with that Ricardo dame and the laughs keep a comin . . . the massage bit is my favorite on this one. Thank God, it wasn't Travolta! :lucydisgust::lucythrill:

Today, i saw The Freezer, one of the all time best shows ever written and the comedy was sublime from start to finish.

Her "Tell ya what I'm gonna do" bit works all on its own, but, as I found out much later, she's doing a (pretty good) impersonation of Sid Stone who was on the then-current Milton Berle Show. His character was a con artist/pitchman.

Her "Tell ya what I'm gonna do" bit works all on its own, but, as I found out much later, she's doing a (pretty good) impersonation of Sid Stone who was on the then-current Milton Berle Show. His character was a con artist/pitchman.

That and the other . . .GET AWAY KID, YOU BOTHER ME, two very popular sayings of that period.

Lucy's drunk scene in Easy to Wed, so pretty, so adorable, very funny.

YES.. Lucille does a wonderful job in the drunk scene in Easy to Wed.. I saw this movie recently and really am impressed with Lucy's acting in it... and I will say something else here.. Ester Williams (bless her heart) is just plain bad in this picture.. but she does look lovely .. like Fannie Brice said.. "Wet she's a star, dry she ain't!"

YES.. Lucille does a wonderful job in the drunk scene in Easy to Wed.. I saw this movie recently and really am impressed with Lucy's acting in it... and I will say something else here.. Ester Williams (bless her heart) is just plain bad in this picture.. but she does look lovely .. like Fannie Brice said.. "Wet she's a star, dry she ain't!"

Oh that is so funny, what a great quote, i forgot it but now i remember it. :marionstrong:

I watched the chocolate one last night and keep forgetting that she has TWO comic scenes in that one, BEFORE the conveyor belt, there's the one where she tries to make chocolates that is just as hilarious but we always see the other one instead in tributes and such.

In addition, Ricky and Fred get that great bit in the kitchen! Even without the "classic" bit, this episode is a top-notch effort. Inventive premise, great dialogue, and every character gets to shine.

In addition, Ricky and Fred get that great bit in the kitchen! Even without the "classic" bit, this episode is a top-notch effort. Inventive premise, great dialogue, and every character gets to shine.

Yeah, but i'm like Bill, i cut out all the other players and just focus on Lucy, like he used to do with his dialogue or script, LOL! No, you're right, this is a top notch show from start to finish for everyone involved. :lucythrill::marionstrong:

Lucy is a Kangaroo is definitely one of the funniest Lucy Shows ever! A lot of physical comedy there, and seeing an older Lucy in her slip was a surprise! I also loved (as I said on another thread) Lucy and Viv put up a TV Antenna. The whole thing is hysterical. But if I had to name one scene where I absolutely lost it, that would have to be Lucy's Italian Movie, specifically the start of the fight in the grape barrell. When she pushes the woman down, she looks genuinely surprised, and the "Im-a pooped" line always makes me laugh.

Rod

Lucy is a Kangaroo is definitely one of the funniest Lucy Shows ever! A lot of physical comedy there, and seeing an older Lucy in her slip was a surprise! I also loved (as I said on another thread) Lucy and Viv put up a TV Antenna. The whole thing is hysterical. But if I had to name one scene where I absolutely lost it, that would have to be Lucy's Italian Movie, specifically the start of the fight in the grape barrell. When she pushes the woman down, she looks genuinely surprised, and the "Im-a pooped" line always makes me laugh.

Rod

Watching LUCY tell the story of when that GRAPES show was filmed is almost as funny as the show itself. On the Dick Cavett show i believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love EVERY "Lucy on tv and/or doing a commercial" skit of course the legendary Vitameatavegmin but also her two appearances hawking Aunt Martha's salad dressing, Lucy and Ethel tearing apart each other's dress as they sing, the uproarious Pfibb's Department store broadcast, etc. And I think maybe the best ever HERE'S LUCY skit was where she had to eat that apparently very nasty tasting pickle! It does one's heart good to hear the HERE'S LUCY studio audience roaring like the ILL studio audience at classic moment.

I absolutely love EVERY "Lucy on tv and/or doing a commercial" skit of course the legendary Vitameatavegmin but also her two appearances hawking Aunt Martha's salad dressing, Lucy and Ethel tearing apart each other's dress as they sing, the uproarious Pfibb's Department store broadcast, etc. And I think maybe the best ever HERE'S LUCY skit was where she had to eat that apparently very nasty tasting pickle! It does one's heart good to hear the HERE'S LUCY studio audience roaring like the ILL studio audience at classic moment.

True, never thought of that, i'm partial to the "scraping the barnacles off her hull" one, the Quiz show i think that was.

:lucyhehe: What do you do if your nose itches?

Well, you certainly dun't swat a fly IN the chocolate that's fer dang shur! I watched Lucy's Last Birthday tonight and enjoyed that scene where Mrs Trumbull is timing Lucy holding her breath as she is trying to lose her hiccups and Lucy is gasping for air, and the Mrs keeps saying not yet, people don't realise how long twenty seconds really is and then comes out with THIS WATCH ISN'T EVEN RUNNING, as Lucy ias about to pass out, i LOVE that scene. :lucythrill:

• 5 weeks later...

Well, you certainly dun't swat a fly IN the chocolate that's fer dang shur! I watched Lucy's Last Birthday tonight and enjoyed that scene where Mrs Trumbull is timing Lucy holding her breath as she is trying to lose her hiccups and Lucy is gasping for air, and the Mrs keeps saying not yet, people don't realise how long twenty seconds really is and then comes out with THIS WATCH ISN'T EVEN RUNNING, as Lucy ias about to pass out, i LOVE that scene. :lucythrill:

God love Mrs. Trumbell.. 20 seconds is a long time.. people don't realize how long it really is!

God love Mrs. Trumbell.. 20 seconds is a long time.. people don't realize how long it really is!

LOL! One of my favorite lines, LOL! Tonight, i watched the SAXAPHONE and was amazed how great Lucy was as that jive musician, i guess i never really appreciated this one before, she was simply amazing, so into the part and made it her own, she glowed as she acted out that scene. Oh man, was that a wild Aaaaaaaaaaaaa?

LOL! One of my favorite lines, LOL! Tonight, i watched the SAXAPHONE and was amazed how great Lucy was as that jive musician, i guess i never really appreciated this one before, she was simply amazing, so into the part and made it her own, she glowed as she acted out that scene. Oh man, was that a wild Aaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Be bop, be bop, be bop! lucyhaha.JPG

You forgot, OR DON'T YOU DIG be bop . . . .Lucy totally inhabited that role and became the musician, not a flaw anywhere. Even that walk backstage, priceless, really underappreciated by myself all these years.

Isn't it coolness that we can still find new "nuggets" of treasures like that even after watching them a million times -- and in black & white yet! (Okay sorry, just kidding I couldn't resist! lucythrill.JPG)

professor.JPG

Isn't it coolness that we can still find new "nuggets" of treasures like that even after watching them a million times -- and in black & white yet! (Okay sorry, just kidding I couldn't resist! lucythrill.JPG)

professor.JPG

Yeah, imagine how that scene will look when in glorious C O L O R , can't wait. There's this young executive at CBS right now imagining what all the colors looked like.

professor.JPG

But you're right of course, i never thought i'd rearrange my whole schedule to watch the shows at 8 to 9 every weeknight and watch shows i've seen a thousand times and even have on DVD right there on the shelves. And yet, i still enjoy them, still laugh but at different things, yes, i'm noticing more little things that never appealed to me before and now i can concentrate on other things, see other little bits of fun, i don't study why didn't they do this or that like some people do. I just enjoy them and trust me, with the crap that's on now, it's good to have them, like tonight for instance, only one show worth watching, Big Bang Theory and i'm starting to get sick of it already.

Archived