The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread (Vol. 4)

Brock

These look like the unused poses from the Life Magazine article that focused on TV.  Lucy made the cover, probably the last time she did on a major magazine, except TV Guide.  It came out August or September of 1971.  The title of the article devoted to Lucy was something like "The Star That Never Sets" and started off by telling of the author's 11 year old niece Sally who would, if she could, watch Lucy 24 hours a day.  She likes all the series including Here's Lucy which was about to start its 4th season, but Sally prefers the originals.   Here's Lucy had been the #1 sitcom the previous season and had 3 more seasons to go at the time of this publication. 

I remember this quote (which I'm paraphrasing) "newly 60, Lucy could be Sally's GREAT-GRANDMOTHER" (caps mine)."

Well, only if Lucy, her daughter and her grand-daughter all had children when they were 16. 

I'm assuming the Life "Lucy at 100" pictorial book idea has been dropped.  I'll probably reach 100 before I see it.

20244.jpg

• Like 1

GOD she was simply GORGEOUS during this period! Given the photos, can't help but wonder what it must feel like to go to a newstand and be able to see yourself on a magazine cover!! Whoa! :lucyhorror:

That pic is from the early forties, right?  I agree, one of her all time best and most fertile periods.

:viv2::vanda::lucywow: WHUT?? I think that's about 10 years later, no?? :lucyhorror:

Well, to hear tabloids and crackpot bloggers tell it, Miss Ball had approximately 17 children -- including a couple of sets of twins, and one set fathered by Ronald Reagan, yet! -- during this period, so if that's not a fertile period, I don't know what is.

You kept talking about it and I had no clue what you were referring to. Now I know.

Well, you know me, talk talk talk, although it looks like she's waiving to ME standing on the lawn, LOL!  The other story that goes with that is that all her neighbors had to start their sprinklers to keep the general public off their beautiful manicured lawns.  They had come, along with the media to catch any celebrities in the 250 or so guests at the wedding.  Oh and Lucy serving trays of goodies to the crowd over the fence in the back.

Well, you know me, talk talk talk, although it looks like she's waiving to ME standing on the lawn, LOL!  The other story that goes with that is that all her neighbors had to start their sprinklers to keep the general public off their beautiful manicured lawns.  They had come, along with the media to catch any celebrities in the 250 or so guests at the wedding.  Oh and Lucy serving trays of goodies to the crowd over the fence in the back.

Hmmm....that sounds fishy: the wall around the house was much too high -- especially in the back -- for her to be able to do that -- unless she actually walked out an open gate or something. :peachonthebeach:

Hmmm....that sounds fishy: the wall around the house was much too high -- especially in the back -- for her to be able to do that -- unless she actually walked out an open gate or something. :peachonthebeach:

No, the story said she sent the trays over the wall and let them have some from the reception food.  Show me free food and i'll get over any damned wall.