'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

Wish they'd release the complete series on DVD and Blu-ray, and not only colorize the episodes, but all of the black and white video & photographs, from the other season's. With all the episodes, and extra special bonus features corized, they can call it, "The I Love Lucy" Completely Colorized Collection.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish they'd release the complete series on DVD and Blu-ray, and not only colorize the episodes, but all of the black and white video & photographs, from the other season's. With all the episodes, and extra special bonus features corized, they can call it, "The I Love Lucy" Completely Colorized Collection.

It's number one on MY Bucket List, hopefully, before i die.

CLAUDE: Same here! Me too! I agree, and feel the same way!I just wish we didn't have to wait a whole year, for a newly colorized episode. I don't care how much it would cost. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Money is no object. I've got plastic.

CLAUDE: Same here! Me too! I agree, and feel the same way!I just wish we didn't have to wait a whole year, for a newly colorized episode. I don't care how much it would cost. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Money is no object. I've got plastic.

Oh, you are just like Lucy Ricardo, ready to ask the helicopter to fly her all the way to Europe huh?

Thank you, Lucille Ball Fan! I. Just watched it, and shared it on Facebook. if anybody wants to add me as a friend on Facebook, please send me a friend request, and I'll gladly confirm you.

Hi!  I'm checking back in here after quite some time away.  You're posts really impressed me.  I appreciate your enthusiasm, willingness to share information, and positive tone.

And I am super glad to see that another colorized episode is being shown, and that Target will be selling it.  I didn't buy the Christmas DVD last year, so the fact that they are releasing it with all the material from last year plus Job Switching is fantastic.

Wow! I am much more impressed by the colourization in this clip than the Kramer's scene. Now, if they could just perfect Lucy and Ethel's colours we'd be going somewhere!

Yes I agree.

:viv1: My goodness. The kitchen looks better than what I thought. 

My only critique is the pink uniforms and Lucy's dress which I thought was blue.  :lucyeww:

Hopefully I can see the whole series colorized before Medicare runs out.

By the way, does anyone know what program is/are used to colorized this? 

I agree and feel the same way, nertz2mertz! You can't put Amy thing past a diehard/hardcore/super-fan! Can't & won't ever fool us, and pull the wool over our eyes! I mean, not for nothing, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but when there's color reference materials out there, I don't understand why they're not used, when colorized, and they go with a completely different color, than what the actual color was. I wonder if there's "a 'logical 'splanation." As I mentioned in earlier posts, I wish the people involved/behind the colorization process let us know why they went with the colors they selectrd, as opposed to the original ones. On future DVD releases, I wish they'd give us the option to view it thrreally ways. The original black and white version, their colorized version, and the way the colors were meant and intended to be seen in color, and/or the way the Desilu studio audience members viewed them, the night they attended the filmings. I understand that there are times when there aren't any reference materials to go by, that's different. That's acceptable, and understandable, in my books.

Sounds so much like my dad, who referred to her as "that old blatherscythe" (whatever the hell that meant).

For retribution, I refused to enjoy his favorite show "Andy Griffith" (the Barney years) the only year it was on before my bedtime: the 5th season when it was moved to 8:30 and Lucy to 9, the last year for Don Knotts.  In retrospect, I missed out because that season contains some of the best episodes of the series and dare I say, some of the finest comedy ever produced for television.

The only Lucy Show episode I remember him laughing at was "Lucy the Stockholder".  When he laughed I pointed out that it WAS a good show.  He conceded it was "fair", but when the scene shifted to the mad scientist kid/scene, they lost him.

It does seem like two different episodes sewn together.  So much so that when our local station ran the syndicated version in 1977, they SOMEHOW reversed the reels and showed the kid scene first before the bank scene!!  Apparently only ONE viewer pointed that out to the station's switchboard operator: me.

I told my dad "They're airing the colorized chocolate factory on the 7th."
Dad: "I thought it was always in color..."
Me: "No, this is the first time. What are you thinking of?"
Dad: "The chocolate factory with Gene Wilder."
Thanks for the confusion dad...

QUESTION: After Lucy says, "Here she comes," 5he forewoman sees there's nothing on the belt, and says to Lucy & Ethel, "Well, fine! You're doing splendidly..."

A lot of people think she says, "Speed it up, a little." It doesn't sound like that to me, at all. It sounds like she says "Speed it up, a lot," or "Speed it up," and says the name of the person who was "aslee at the switch"

Thoughts?

QUESTION: After Lucy says, "Here she comes," 5he forewoman sees there's nothing on the belt, and says to Lucy & Ethel, "Well, fine! You're doing splendidly..."

A lot of people think she says, "Speed it up, a little." It doesn't sound like that to me, at all. It sounds like she says "Speed it up, a lot," or "Speed it up," and says the name of the person who was "aslee at the switch"

Thoughts?

Speed it up a little.

I agree and feel the same way, nertz2mertz! You can't put Amy thing past a diehard/hardcore/super-fan! Can't & won't ever fool us, and pull the wool over our eyes! I mean, not for nothing, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful, but when there's color reference materials out there, I don't understand why they're not used, when colorized, and they go with a completely different color, than what the actual color was. I wonder if there's "a 'logical 'splanation." As I mentioned in earlier posts, I wish the people involved/behind the colorization process let us know why they went with the colors they selectrd, as opposed to the original ones. On future DVD releases, I wish they'd give us the option to view it thrreally ways. The original black and white version, their colorized version, and the way the colors were meant and intended to be seen in color, and/or the way the Desilu studio audience members viewed them, the night they attended the filmings. I understand that there are times when there aren't any reference materials to go by, that's different. That's acceptable, and understandable, in my books.

Maybe, because they are selling products that have now become familiar and they are brighter colors than the dull grays used in filming.

Elvia Allman most definitely says, "Speed it up a little!"

What you're referring to about "the switch" is earlier before the candy actually starts to roll out when she's yelling "let her roll!" 2x

and it doesn't come out. Mad, she then says to Lucy & Ethel "Well. Wait here. Somebody's ASLEEP at the switch!!"

Thoughts?

Archived