'I Love Lucy' Christmas special on CBS: Dec. 7, 2014

Paul Sheehan

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was like seeing an extended version of the episode. During the opening scene I found myself asking "am I watching this with a different camera angle?" Anyway, Job Switching and Christmas Special paled in comparison to Terry Bradshaw and those goddamn shingles. I would pay thirty dollars for a DVD of that commercial.

I never noticed the boxes of chocolate behind Lucy in the dipping scene. Great job with the colors! Yes they edited out the entire kitchen scene at the beginning (and bits and pieces of the flashbacks) but at least it didn't mess up the continuity. The frame rate seemed funny. Wish I knew what color Fred and Ethel's clothes really were. I also loved the costume and makeup tests. Lucille and Desi were true soulmates and you can totally see it. On the DVD does it really have Desi singing the theme?

i THINK what makes it so magical to see "the first apartment" in color and done with such beauty!!!

Those behind the colourization have really improved with each successive episode -- although "Scotland" was much better than "Italian Movie", IMO. It will be interesting to see how they do on their next effort. They really need to make Lucy's hair less neon salmon and more orange, however.

I meant which walls? The ones in the Ricardo's living room, the kitchen. Acme Employment Agency, wrapping department or dipping department?

Amazing, i think the walls were a different color for the ORIGINAL Xmas episode that was broadcast decades ago.  And it bugged me that the Christmas lights in the tree were all white, then go out, but later, when lit, after the tree is all decked out, they are colored.  I had to quit watching halfway through the Job Switching episode as there was a Murder she Wrote episode opposite the show that i just couldn't miss, LOL!

Those behind the colourization have really improved with each successive episode -- although "Scotland" was much better than "Italian Movie", IMO. It will be interesting to see how they do on their next effort. They really need to make Lucy's hair less neon salmon and more orange, however.

I agree, the colors were so much better than the original colorization of the Christmas episode years and years ago.  Seeing as some of you saw that L A at last one partly in color at one of the conventions, you would think that could be the next one.

I agree, the colors were so much better than the original colorization of the Christmas episode years and years ago.  Seeing as some of you saw that L A at last one partly in color at one of the conventions, you would think that could be the next one.

L.A. at Last seemed to be the popular request on Twitter tonight.

The I Love Lucy Christmas Special is once again the best Christmas special of 2014. A great presentation.The colorization of Job Switching is just amazing. Beautiful bright clear color. The show looks like it was filmed on color film. This colorization technology is very good. Colorization will extend the life of the shows. New generations will see the show in a great new way. The commerical for the color dvd set did not mention the new color Job Switching dvd that Target will have. I hope the dvd will still be available at Target. Once again a super presentation. Thanks to all involved  in the making of this special. Your work is super. Thank you. :ill:

Archived