Brock

Which ONE episode of "I Love Lucy" should CBS colourize next?

Brock    3,373

Since it looks like another colourized episode of I Love Lucy is being foisted/gifted upon us (as the case may be) this Christmas, it seems further episodes are an inevitability.

So, we have:

1. The Christmas Special

2. Lucy Goes To Scotland

3. Lucy's Italian Movie

4. Job Switching

Which ONE episode would each of you nominate for the Ted Turner treatment in 2015, and why?

• Like 1

Luvsbway    2,049

Fashion Show. I want to see all those gowns in color. Epically the pink mink. I have always wanted to see what Lucy's sunburn looked like in color and how they did the makeup for that.

C L A U D E    2,006

Yes, of course it should be L A At Last as we heard some of it already exists as it was shown some years ago at some event, right?  But after that, definitely The Fashion Show, I too want to see those beautiful gowns in color.  As for Lucy Ricardo, in color, Vancing with Dan Johnson and her most beautiful gown on the series, as well as Lucy gets in pictures to see her most beautiful showgirl outfit on the series.

• Like 1

FreddieMertz    124

Just image search 'Don Loper Pink Mink' and you'll see a jacket thingy in that color.

In the words of Michael Bluth: "I don't know what I was expecting..."

C L A U D E    2,006

Oh yes, Charm School would be a hoot to see, although I think your half black and white and half color idea is pure Lucy Ricardo, LOL!

C L A U D E    2,006

I wanna see all those Don "Lauper" originals in color.

Yeah, lots of us voted for The Fashion Show.  Maybe the star's wife who was supposedly drunk will have a redder face.

C L A U D E    2,006

ALL OF THEM, BUT AT A FASTER RATE THAN ONE A YEAR, OR WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT ABOUT 200 YEARS TO SEE EVERYTHING FINALLY IN COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C L A U D E    2,006

And that's a problem because...

Because i want to see all of the material she did in color, movies, tv shows, whatever.  Anything that gets her new fans is fine by me.

Mot Morenzi    1,503

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment (relax, Joey, I'm still what you'd call a "purist")...

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing "The Fashion Show" in color, simply because seeing the dresses in color would, I think, add something. Given the popularity of this episode, I'm sure it's in the pipeline.

I am understanding of advertisers refusing to buy air time for B&W programs, so I can see why CBS is colorizing these installments for re-broadcast. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. I can only hope that folks who tune in will see the ads for the upcoming blu-rays and pick them up, not only to keep the blu-ray project alive but to experience the shows as originally aired and intended. If that's the ultimate goal of these rebroadcasts, then I can accept them.

• Like 1

JoeySoCal    1,009

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment (relax, Joey, I'm still what you'd call a "purist")...

I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing "The Fashion Show" in color, simply because seeing the dresses in color would, I think, add something. Given the popularity of this episode, I'm sure it's in the pipeline.

I am understanding of advertisers refusing to buy air time for B&W programs, so I can see why CBS is colorizing these installments for re-broadcast. I don't necessarily agree with it, but I understand it. I can only hope that folks who tune in will see the ads for the upcoming blu-rays and pick them up, not only to keep the blu-ray project alive but to experience the shows as originally aired and intended. If that's the ultimate goal of these rebroadcasts, then I can accept them.

Okay...I won't get excited given your very thoughtful and articulate argument and if I'm being honest, I pretty much agree.... I just have a hard time with the thinking we have to "rewrite history" to accommodate those who've become "bored" by seeing these gems in their original state and need the "inducement" of color to be enticed to watch them again.  :vanda:

So......what color should we make Rosebud?  :lucywow:

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,503

I just have a hard time with the thinking we have to "rewrite history" to accommodate those who've become "bored" by seeing these gems in their original state and need the "inducement" of color to be enticed to watch them again

I can't agree with this statement enough. I find it a very selfish mentality, to be honest, that demands such things.

Freddie2    847

I want Ethel's Birthday. I got to see what the "hostess pants" will  look like in color. Mine are red.

I always envisioned them as a sort of black and gold. Red would be equally clownish, though.

Mot Morenzi    1,503

I wouldn't be surprised if "The Audition" was in the pipeline, given it's based on the pilot and features one of the more famous comedy routines. Plus they have color reference footage.

• Like 1