New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Read Dick Van Dyke's last book, from 2010 today, only one Lucy mention. He says that when he first met Mary Tyler Moore, he thought she had a little bit of Kate Hepburn in her but he thought she had limited comedic skills and certainly was no Lucille Ball. But years later, she won him over. Dick's a terrific writer, gets to the point, no useless details. He goes over his entire career, films, tv shows, his family, his drinking problem and a great chapter on his idol Stan Laurel, absolutely loved the easy read and interesting book.

Great recommendation! Have the full title of it??

I just finished reading the WUNDAFUL book by Jennifer K. Armstrong, "Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted and All the Brilliant Minds Who Made The Mary Tyler Moore Show", all about what it took to get the show on the air, behind the scenes/network interference, cast interaction, etc. etc. It's a fascinating read for anyone into show biz, the workings of television, behind the scenes stuff, and/or one of the all-time best sitcoms, ever.

Highly recommended. :fabrary:

Great recommendation! Have the full title of it??

I just finished reading the WUNDAFUL book by Jennifer K. Armstrong, "Mary and Lou and Rhoda and Ted and All the Brilliant Minds Who Made The Mary Tyler Moore Show", all about what it took to get the show on the air, behind the scenes/network interference, cast interaction, etc. etc. It's a fascinating read for anyone into show biz, the workings of television, behind the scenes stuff, and/or one of the all-time best sitcoms, ever.

Highly recommended. :fabrary:

It's called Dick Van Dyke, My life in and out of show business.

• Like 1

I`ve been dying to ask both LuvsBroadway and Annaleigh if either or both have Rickee`s great Lucy book about her clothes on the show. It`s so nice to see these beautiful gowns in color for a change. The thing I hate about sketches for clothes though is that sometimes the sketch looks better than the final product.

I`ve been dying to ask both LuvsBroadway and Annaleigh if either or both have Rickee`s great Lucy book about her clothes on the show. It`s so nice to see these beautiful gowns in color for a change. The thing I hate about sketches for clothes though is that sometimes the sketch looks better than the final product.

No I don't! But I need to get it! What's the title of it, again? These things excape me at times. Haha.

No I don't! But I need to get it! What's the title of it, again? These things excape me at times. Haha.

THE OFFICIAL I LOVE LUCY PAPER DOLLS, BY ALLAN GLASER AND OUR VERY OWN RICK CARL ILLUSTRATING. It's got some text also and this is the place that shocked us all by showing that the beautiful brown dress had some BLUE on the top, whodathunkit?

THE OFFICIAL I LOVE LUCY PAPER DOLLS, BY ALLAN GLASER AND OUR VERY OWN RICK CARL ILLUSTRATING. It's got some text also and this is the place that shocked us all by showing that the beautiful brown dress had some BLUE on the top, whodathunkit?

Oh yes. I wanted that book when it first came out but never got it! Seeing I was how young! Maybe it's best I didn't get it then, I probably wouldve played with the dolls! Haha. But like Shelly said they can run up to $50 these days!

I absolutely love paper dolls. They are absolutely lovely and just so different in today's standards.