What is the last Lucille Ball movie you've watched.

Don't forgot all those pics now that I can post them. My next picture post thread I'm researching is this one suit I swear Lucy wore for 4 years straight.

Oh yeah, probably that greyish one, I was so sick of seeing her wear that everywhere.  She was in all the magazines back then and you could find her pic wearing that same outfit in several shots in the same magazine, oy! 

• 4 weeks later...

I've only seen one Lucille Ball movie and that was "The Long, Long, Trailer".

That was my first Lucy movie when I was 8. 12 years later and now I am 60 or so movies into her work! Definitely, check out more of her films. The Facts of Life and The Fuller Brush Girl are my top favorites.

• 4 months later...

I watched The Magic Carpet for the first time. She looked stunning throughout the film. But... What the hell did I just watch?! Haha!

I like this movie for itz Sat matinee cheesiness. It is a really fun bad movie. SHE plays a BAD girl and I like that. Raymond Burr is great also. If you dont take it seriously it is very enjoyable. To be honest I dont care for the majority of the movies Lucille made... I only watch them cause she is in them...this one is no exception. You have to admire the fact she will do anything and doesnt think she is above certain roles.

I'm sure that "anything" attitude changed once I Love Lucy made her super famous, but at this time most people didn't know who she was.

I think there are a handful of good movies she made and then there are some that she was good in but the movie was not that great. She didn’t really have a lot of choice for much of her movie career in the movies she did. Under the contract system you did the movies they gave you or you risk suspension. Lucy has said many times that she happily did whatever they gave her. In those movies in the 30‘s she used them all as learning experience. Even at MGM she didn’t get to pick her movies. She did amicably part from that studio due to a couple of factors. One being they just didn’t know what to do with her and she wasn’t happy with the movies she was being offered. By this time she knew she could freelance and had some clout to be offered movies. Second she talks about in her book as she was trying to get away from a bad agent at MGM and the only way to dump him was to break the contract. At this time she was loaned out to Fox for Dark Corner and was not happy al all about that as she wasn’t even consulted.

Once she started freelancing she could more freely pursue her projects. In the Hollywood Byline 1950 radio interview she talks about doing Sorrowful Jones and Fancy Pants and wanting to do more with Bob and trying to pursue that. She also states though that she is not very discerning in her pick of roles and she does mostly what is offered to her as she says she is a ham and just loves to act. She thinks that is a quality that she should try to change about herself and seek out more stuff herself and be more choosy.

Of course post 1951 this all changes and she could write her ticket anywhere.

I like this movie for itz Sat matinee cheesiness. It is a really fun bad movie. SHE plays a BAD girl and I like that. Raymond Burr is great also. If you dont take it seriously it is very enjoyable. To be honest I dont care for the majority of the movies Lucille made... I only watch them cause she is in them...this one is no exception. You have to admire the fact she will do anything and doesnt think she is above certain roles.

I'm sure that "anything" attitude changed once I Love Lucy made her super famous, but at this time most people didn't know who she was.

I can agree with that. I love terribly bad films. Just don't watch Plan 9 from Outer Space. Worst film ever.

Perfectly said, Shel. I love her before "Lucy" films just because we see her in a different light. Doing different things because she took those films as a learning experience. As much as I love the comedies, I love seeing her in different genres.

Plus the stunning outfits and the fabulous hairstyles of the 1940's. My favorite era for women's hair.

Please dont misunderstand, I like her performance in anything; just not necessarily the vehicle she is in. Big Street and Dance Girl Dance have grown on me. Even Critic's Choice has a spot in my heart, all examples of movies I wouldn't even try if SHE wern't in them.

It's true. She has broaden my film knowledge and introduced to me to other genres. If it wasn't for her films I wouldn't have fallen in love with classic film. Same with television.

It's true. She has broaden my film knowledge and introduced to me to other genres. If it wasn't for her films I wouldn't have fallen in love with classic film. Same with television.

My adoration for classic film is directly related to my fasination with het!! Back on topic: I watched Her Husband's Affairs.