#1141 UKlucyfan

UKlucyfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

Thanks! Gonna definitely look for it. I dunno....Funny, this is one of those shows that I actually enjoy watching when I catch it but don't seek it out or remember when it's on regularly...huh... And I've loved Jennifer Coolidge forever, she's the best! (Kids, if you only know her from this show, check out any/all of Christopher Guest's "mockumentaries": A Mighty Wind or Best in Show ...hilarious! :desijr: :vanda: :peachonthebeach:

Thanks David!

Lol yeah she's great loved her in joey and she's great in this too....despite the accent :P I actually quite enjoy two broke girls. Max is great. Is there any disaster she hasn't experienced lol but thought it was cool getting a lucy reference in haha
  • JoeyCentralCal likes this

#1142 JoeyCentralCal

JoeyCentralCal

14 Oscar Noms! SAG Award Winner Emma Stone!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,851 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley CA (near Modesto)

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:13 PM

Lol yeah she's great loved her in joey and she's great in this too....despite the accent :P I actually quite enjoy two broke girls. Max is great. Is there any disaster she hasn't experienced lol but thought it was cool getting a lucy reference in haha

Yup, she's pretty amazing and I agree, it's always cool IMHO whenever a Lucy reference pops up unexpectedly! What other 65 year old show enjoys such "attention"?? :HALKING:

La%2BLa%2BLand%2Bdance.gif

Ryan Gossling * Emma Stone

in

LA LA LAND

Winner:

SEVEN Golden Globes!

Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Actress Emma Stone

Producers Guild of America:   Best Picture

Directors Guild of America: Best Director Damien Chazelle

American Cinema Editors – Comedy/Musical: Tom Cross
Art Directors Guild – Contemporary Film:  David Wasco

Casting Society of America – Big Budget Comedy/Musical: Deborah Aquila, Tricia Wood

&

14 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!!

#1143 leenorman

leenorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationLakewood NY

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:31 AM

Didn't quite know WHERE to put this one:

TCM this morning:  Designing Woman, with Gregory Peck, Lauren Bacall, 1957.

The opening credits which I re-entered room HEARING, I swear the background music  is THEME SONG from Forever Darling . . . AND . . . thought it WAS from that film; then, realized it WAS NOT(!) anyone had the strange same experience?

I may not catch the closing credits, which should acknowledge same; and since it was filmed in such close proximity (year after) of  Arnaz film the year before; and one they held world premiere in JAMESTOWN, I find it shocking, to say the least!

heading on over to IMDb to compare 'write-ups'...... :fabrary: 

#1144 Will

Will

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:41 PM

http://www.avclub.co...er-moore-249580

Great synopsis of the Mary Tyler Moore houre with Lucy pic. If you look LWL isn't one of his flops so far
  • JoeyCentralCal and Freddie2 like this

#1145 Freddie2

Freddie2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

Great synopsis of the Mary Tyler Moore houre with Lucy pic. If you look LWL isn't one of his flops so far

I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops. I'd recommend leafing through the archives because it's really informative and funny. I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

RedSkeltonLogo3.gif

#1146 JoeyCentralCal

JoeyCentralCal

14 Oscar Noms! SAG Award Winner Emma Stone!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,851 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley CA (near Modesto)

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

... so far! :blink:

I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops. I'd recommend leafing through the archives because it's really informative and funny. I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

I wouldn't be surprised LWL showed up sometime soon.

I'm surprised it didn't beat TMTMH to the punch! :HALKING:

La%2BLa%2BLand%2Bdance.gif

Ryan Gossling * Emma Stone

in

LA LA LAND

Winner:

SEVEN Golden Globes!

Screen Actors Guild Awards: Best Actress Emma Stone

Producers Guild of America:   Best Picture

Directors Guild of America: Best Director Damien Chazelle

American Cinema Editors – Comedy/Musical: Tom Cross
Art Directors Guild – Contemporary Film:  David Wasco

Casting Society of America – Big Budget Comedy/Musical: Deborah Aquila, Tricia Wood

&

14 OSCAR NOMINATIONS!!!

#1147 leenorman

leenorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationLakewood NY

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:45 PM

Didn't quite know WHERE to put this one:

TCM this morning:  Designing Woman, with Gregory Peck, Lauren Bacall, 1957.

The opening credits which I re-entered room HEARING, I swear the background music  is THEME SONG from Forever Darling . . . AND . . . thought it WAS from that film; then, realized it WAS NOT(!) anyone had the strange same experience?

I may not catch the closing credits, which should acknowledge same; and since it was filmed in such close proximity (year after) of  Arnaz film the year before; and one they held world premiere in JAMESTOWN, I find it shocking, to say the least!

heading on over to IMDb to compare 'write-ups'...... :fabrary:

Forgot to get back to you; comparing the two films, still think the theme was from Forever Darling; but, background folk, cast and crew - NO IDENTICAL PEOPLE.  Anyone see the same film(s)???? Released a year apart.

AND . . .

Freddie:  To quote you yesterday:  :I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops.​" - What IS this?  A website?

​Thanks for your reply.....

• Freddie2 likes this

#1148 Freddie2

Freddie2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Forgot to get back to you; comparing the two films, still think the theme was from Forever Darling; but, background folk, cast and crew - NO IDENTICAL PEOPLE.  Anyone see the same film(s)???? Released a year apart.

AND . . .

Freddie:  To quote you yesterday:  :I'm a regular reader of My World of Flops.​" - What IS this?  A website?

​Thanks for your reply.....

It's a column on the AV Club website. It describes itself as the following: "My World Of Flops is Nathan Rabin’s survey of books, television shows, musical releases, or other forms of entertainment that were financial flops, critical failures, or lack a substantial cult following."

RedSkeltonLogo3.gif

#1149 leenorman

leenorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts
  • LocationLakewood NY

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:24 AM

"It's a column on the AV Club website. It describes itself as the following: "My World Of Flops is Nathan Rabin’s survey of books, television shows, musical releases, or other forms of entertainment that were financial flops, critical failures, or lack a substantial cult following."  Freddie 2/18/2017

Thanks for the reply, Freddie:  Is this guy credible?  Apparently, you think so; but, have not heard the name before. :fabrary:  :D 

#1150 Neil

Neil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

Lucy is in a 2017 Oscar nominated movie!! .......sort of....

In the OJ Simpson "Made in America" documentary, the camera pans the wall of photos in the residence and there's the framed publicity still with Lucy from "The Big Game". 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users