Lucy Sightings!

Brock

After The Poseidon Adventure tonight, TCM aired a featurette on the Friars Club salute to The Sunshine Boys. As they interviewed attendees on their list of greatest comedians, they featured Sid Gould twice, who gave Lucy a shout-out.

Oh yeah, i forgot about that but saw it somewhere, Lucy was even mentioned in the film too.  I think Walter got a get well card or flowers from Lucy.

That's cool.  Are you guys going to keep it?  

Oh wow, never heard that one before, amazing, lucky guy!

Well, upon further examination, the Jamestown furniture pieces are as follows:

• 2 beds- one double, one queen
  • 2 dressers
  • 2 buffet tables
  • One HUGE dining room table, with chairs
  • China cabinet
  • Two of those dresser things with the mirror on them
  • Breakfast room furniture- Table, chairs, coffee table, end tables
  • A few bedroom chairs and a loveseat

We're keeping a dresser, the china cabinet, and some of the breakfast room stuff. Everything else is being sold.

Well, upon further examination, the Jamestown furniture pieces are as follows:

• 2 beds- one double, one queen
  • 2 dressers
  • 2 buffet tables
  • One HUGE dining room table, with chairs
  • China cabinet
  • Two of those dresser things with the mirror on them
  • Breakfast room furniture- Table, chairs, coffee table, end tables
  • A few bedroom chairs and a loveseat

We're keeping a dresser, the china cabinet, and some of the breakfast room stuff. Everything else is being sold.

That gives you a clue as to the value of these things, that you can still sell them so many years later, no wonder Lucy thought their furniture was worth flying out to Beverly Hills.  Good for you kid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to mention about a week ago I was on one of my usual bike rides through the countryside and I noticed that a house has the EXACT same front door as the Carters. They also had a toilet on their front porch.

Possibly their neighbors?  You know, the ones that had those midget twins and Carole Cook toting a gun?

• 2 weeks later...

Quick 'stock-up' trip to Dollar General yesterday, reveal of National Examiner for July 13, 2015 - could not resist paying the $4.99 (yes, folks, that the going rate for this slander sheet these days!!!)

REVEALED:  Lucy's Secret Life! - Her Amazing Love Story! Beloved redhead's Amazing Love story - COVER Photo - [and....what I found....oddly,  FAR LESS than slander; but, a loving tribute to Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.  

Bits and Pieces of article:  Story by Olivia Benjamin - pp. 30,31 - "Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz met on the set of a 1940 movie called Too Many Girls; the two made a terrific team.  After thy divorced, surprisingly, they remained good friends and business partners in Desilu Productions, a studio that churned out hit TV shows.  While Lucy stole the show in front of the camera, Desi's savvy business sense helped to make them a fortune.  'Lucy was very bright; but, Desi was the brains,' said family friend, June Allyson.  'I could see what Lucy saw in him; he was flashy, lovable, absolutely charming and that accent...' said friend, Phyllis McGuire; and with final paragraph quote by Carole Cook:  'They still really liked being around each other; he was the great love of her life, and she was for him, too.  They loved each other until the days they died.'" published for July 13, 2015.

I was watching bloopers from the final season of Mary Tyler Moore. Ed Asner, Ted Knight, and Gavin McCloud sang a tribute song on set that they'd obviously written themselves. It was to the tune of More from Mondo Cane. The opening lyrics:

Moore is the meddler who is full of mirth 

Moore is part Lucy and part Mary Worth

Sounds like something Neil would write!