Lucy's TV Clothes

Luvsbway

Geez, can't wait to play that ep and finally see the one you're talking about. This one is even nicer with the fur.

Yep. Completely gorgeous. I might need to pop that one in just to look at the dress. The only thing that sucked about the one I posted a picture of is that she covers it with that long coat in the show.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. Completely gorgeous. I might need to pop that one in just to look at the dress. The only thing that sucked about the one I posted a picture of is that she covers it with that long coat in the show.

Loved it when her coats were lined with the same material as the dress. Looks so classy.

I realized this morning while I was sitting at my vanity desk putting on my makeup, I have an ad on my wall where Lucy is wearing the LDCH green/white polka dot dress. It’s a 2 page ad for Bigalow carpet. The shot is at the Palm Springs house in front of the fireplace with both Lucy and Desi. Lucy is sitting on the floor with that beautiful dress flowing around her. I always liked it in the ad, but finally put the 2 together after I saw the color photo.

I realized this morning while I was sitting at my vanity desk putting on my makeup, I have an ad on my wall where Lucy is wearing the LDCH green/white polka dot dress. It’s a 2 page ad for Bigalow carpet. The shot is at the Palm Springs house in front of the fireplace with both Lucy and Desi. Lucy is sitting on the floor with that beautiful dress flowing around her. I always liked it in the ad, but finally put the 2 together after I saw the color photo.

Oh yeah, i've seen that one. No wonder it did not look like the house in Beverly Hills, of course, it was in Palm Springs.

OH YES! I have that ad saved on my desktop! Thanks for reminding me of that! Absolutely gorgeous!

Currently watching TLS's Lucy Takes a Job at the Bank. When she wants into the bank to talk about getting the job she's wearing a turquoise jacket and skirt with brown gloves, brown purse, and brown heels. This outfit is absolutely beautiful. Looks not only fashionable and smart but the colors pop with her eyes, hair, and even those bold lips. I wish she had more of this type of outfits through TLS instead of those over used brown and grey suits!

Currently watching TLS's Lucy Takes a Job at the Bank. When she wants into the bank to talk about getting the job she's wearing a turquoise jacket and skirt with brown gloves, brown purse, and brown heels. This outfit is absolutely beautiful. Looks not only fashionable and smart but the colors pop with her eyes, hair, and even those bold lips. I wish she had more of this type of outfits through TLS instead of those over used brown and grey suits!

Maybe she wanted more realism, if you work in a bank, especially back then, you were lucky if you could afford two suits.

Ok, so i saw that dress again, the one i could never remember what show i saw it in, the one i said was open in the bottom in the front and had white material showing, it was in the Star Upstairs last night, she is wearing it after she gets DEPALMED to go up and see Cornel Wilde, so you'll finally know which one i was talking about.

Ok, so i saw that dress again, the one i could never remember what show i saw it in, the one i said was open in the bottom in the front and had white material showing, it was in the Star Upstairs last night, she is wearing it after she gets DEPALMED to go up and see Cornel Wilde, so you'll finally know which one i was talking about.

Oh yes! I love that one!

Ok, so the website Greg in Hollywood used to do these Lucy Fridays and show clips from the show, they stopped for some kind of hiatus and are finally back today. Because of a similar work experience that happened to Greg, he put up Cornel Wilde today. It's terrific of course but when it finished, there were the usual assortment of Lucy clips and the next one i played was that Going to Cuba show you told me about, that famous dress. Well, i finally saw it and you're right, it looks terrific, then again all the clothes she wears in that one are beautiful. From the dress on the plane, to the one you're talking about, don't you find it looks a bit CHEAP though? Like something you'd wear as a summer dress to get some sun? Then the other outfits for going to buy cigars and the beautiful ender for the party sequence were terrfic also.

I Liked Lucy's outfits from the last few episodes of the second season of "I Love Lucy" especially in the episode "Lucy Is Matchmaker" through to season 4 of "I Love Lucy" especially in the episodes "Hollywood Anniversary" and "The Dancing Star".

I loked Lucy's outfits on "The Lucy Show" from the fourth season to the sixth season when she lived in L.A.

I Liked Lucy's outfits from the last few episodes of the second season of "I Love Lucy" especially in the episode "Lucy Is Matchmaker" through to season 4 of "I Love Lucy" especially in the episodes "Hollywood Anniversary" and "The Dancing Star".

I loked Lucy's outfits on "The Lucy Show" from the fourth season to the sixth season when she lived in L.A.

Of course we're seeing these fashions many decades later, amazing how well they've held up, she still looks so stylish today.

• 1 month later...

I wish we could see some of these dresses and outfits in color (ILL, first season of TLS). In "Enciente," the dress that she was wearing was actually brown. I don't know how flattering that would look in real life. I liked her outfits in the Hollywood episodes with the big earrings. Sorry I just don't really pay attention to that stuff unless something really sticks out at me. Kind of OT, but on the series finale of "The Golden Girls," Dorothy's wedding dress was HIDEOUS! So were Blanche and Rose's green floral print dresses. :lucydisgust:

I like how Lucy dressed more casual in TLS, In "Antenna," she wore the blue jacket with blue jeans. I wonder why Viv never wore jeans? Unless she did and I just wasn't paying attention. I think she wore them in "The Indian show" of ILL. I loved her black capri pants with the blue or green or beige button down tops. She is wearing the pants with blue in "Kiddie Parties" while setting up for the party. I wonder why she never wore these in the later seasons. Also, what did anybody think of that gray pantsuit that she often wore in season 4? She wore this while at Marineland. I think it looked good on her.

But one sweater that I can't believe she wore was in "Winter Sports." It had a crazy insane print on it that made her look like a test pattern.

In HL, I liked her boots and outfits mostly seen in the later seasons, when she had the longer hair. Especially the one when she was trying to eat the pickle in "Pickle." I LOVED Kim's short skirt "tux" dress in the Jim Bailey episode. Sexy! Can someone please better explain that dress? Or is Tux Dress a good enough description.

Was not wild about her outfits in LWL.

• 3 months later...

Might have asked you this before Shel, BUT, is the beautiful gown Lucy wears in Lucy's Club Dance (all female orchestra) the one she wore on that Ed Sullivan tribute show (all about us)? If it is, it looks so much better on the series as it is so clear, you can tell it's in color and you can see all the detail which surely was not the case on that bad kinescope for Sullivan's show.

Archived