Jamestown Train Station

Saw this article that Jamestown opened their restored Train Station. Wasn’t the museum going to do something with this?

http://betav2.post-journal.com/page/content.detail/id/612311/Full-Steam-Ahead.html?nav=5192

In the comments section I liked this phrase

“However, it is another chapter in the poorly conceived plan for Jamestown to rally economic development around a dead comedian and an extint transportation mode. “

As a big fan of the dead comedian and the wife of a person who’s obsessed with an extinct mode of transportation this is the perfect vacation destination.

Saw this article that Jamestown opened their restored Train Station. Wasn’t the museum going to do something with this?

http://betav2.post-j...d.html?nav=5192

“However, it is another chapter in the poorly conceived plan for Jamestown to rally economic development around a dead comedian and an extint transportation mode. “

As a big fan of the dead comedian and the wife of a person who’s obsessed with an extinct mode of transportation this is the perfect vacation destination.

I agree. Can't wait to see this in August.

http://betav2.post-j...d.html?nav=5192

Oh my, talk about a two shot, good for you for replying so beautifully, LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait to see it! There is a train (not passenger mind you, just grain and coal,) that goes through our town just a few blocks from our home, and it at one time (our train area) was a huge hub for passenger line travel going west! So..Yes..people are still interested..and to "rally economic development around a dead comedian" is quite wise, as everybody still is in love with our Lucy!

I can't wait to see it! There is a train (not passenger mind you, just grain and coal,) that goes through our town just a few blocks from our home, and it at one time (our train area) was a huge hub for passenger line travel going west! So..Yes..people are still interested..and to "rally economic development around a dead comedian" is quite wise, as everybody still is in love with our Lucy!

Congrats on reaching one hundred posts and number one hundred is indeed your best post too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hearing rumors that the Train Station is Lucie's 'wish' for the Comedy Museum; this is within today's P-J article:

"On the evening of August 1, the L-D Center for Comedy and Pandora will team up to present the stand-up showcase "Comics to Watch". According to Gunderson, Pandora and the Center are working together to develop an interactive exhibit with data from Pandora's Comedy Genome Project. The exhibit will be located at the jamestown Gateway train station during the festival."

Archived