Sign in to follow this  
Will

Desi's End of Life

Will    56

http://books.google.com/books?id=4Xf4PP2KdNEC&pg=PA67&lpg=PA67&dq=%22Edie+Arnaz%22&source=bl&ots=WU_4Z0gKC5&sig=Mk6RArsstEARLKzYHRhVVnX9okU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=gzSUUYS_Ke_K0AHWoYC4CA&ved=0CC8Q6AEwATgK#v=onepage&q=%22Edie%20Arnaz%22&f=false

On page 67 of this book you can see that 1/3 of A Book was not released because it was too depressing. I wish it would have been released to realistically picture what had happened in the 16 years since the divorce. I think Desi's life ended the worse of the four stars. Lucy had her depressing moments but died beloved by a shower of cards and well wishes and a standing ovation. Vivian had her quiet life and despite her cancer died optismtic. William got to enjoy My Three Sons and wasn't sick long before he died. However, drugs and drinking and lack of projects drained poor Desi.

• Like 3

desilufan2    32

This really is sad. Desi was such a bright talented man. But his drinking prevented him from finishing many of his projects after I Love Lucy. Its the tragedy of alcholism. :(

desilufan2    32

I enjoyed the analysis of LLT and FD. Page back a few for those.

Im only able to read certain pages from the book online. I don't have it(yet). Can you clue me in?

Luvsbway    2,038

I started at the link, was able to advance to the end of the chapter, and back to somewhere in the min 50's.

desilufan2    32

I started at the link, was able to advance to the end of the chapter, and back to somewhere in the min 50's.

Ok. I could make it to the end chapter but much of the middle was "unavailable". So what was said about the mid 50'?

Luvsbway    2,038

Sorry the pages when I went backwards took me all the way to approx. Mid 50 page numbers. He starts a a movie analysis here.

• Like 1

desilufan2    32

Sorry the pages when I went backwards took me all the way to approx. Mid 50 page numbers. He starts a a movie analysis here.

Ok thanks. The book really looks interesting. Sad but interesting. The part about Desi keeping a list of Lucy's other lovers made me laugh. The man was so possesive of her! :marionstrong::lucydesi:

Dizzy4Arnaz    14

OMG is that from 'Life on the Hyphen'? I got that book and had forgotten all about that. :lucyhorror: Chapter one is titled 'I Love Ricky'.

vivfantoo*    129

Thanks for this link, Will. I saved it to read when I have more time. I remember reading Desi's book & hearing his voice & accent as I read :desi1: . I wish he had lived long enough to write Part 2.

Meiline    5
Thanks for sharing this, Will! I think it's very hard that some of those biographies will be published here in Brazil.
I didn't know that the last days of Desi had been so sad... :(