The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

Which "SERIOUS" did you get? LOL! Well, it's been years and I never gave in to their ridiculous price for the Dick Van Dyke show, five seasons at fifty bucks a piece and it's never rerun anywhere, i'll live with the memories till they finally bring that price down.

The complete Dick Van Dyke Show series, on Blu-ray, is on sale for a whopping $55 on Amazon right now. Get over your web shopping phobia and go for it!

• Like 1

Mr Hepburn, I think I am somewhat justified in never posting my personal information on the net, hacking is so prevalent nowadays. But I often see things I'd like to get, which are much cheaper on the net so I may succumb to it when beau comes back.

Oh I understand! But when you can get a gem like the Dick Van Dyke Show's complete series for the cost of one season, well...

Amazon is quite trustworthy. I have no qualms with keeping my card on file with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the wonderful blu-ray set for Christmas. Can't imagine ever watching the show without the original openings/closings and commercials. tjw, thank you so much for your work on the set! Does the chance to see the series as originally aired exist for every episode in the coming seasons as well? 

Got the wonderful blu-ray set for Christmas. Can't imagine ever watching the show without the original openings/closings and commercials. tjw, thank you so much for your work on the set! Does the chance to see the series as originally aired exist for every episode in the coming seasons as well? 

Thank you -- but I certainly did not do it alone. There is a whole crew of people who worked on the set. As for your question, the key word is "every," and at this moment the answer is "no, not yet." We are still searching out materials. But we have many/most of them.  Not all of them are in excellent condition -- NO ONE thought that anyone would ever want/need these again...

I love seeing the episodes as originally broadcast because, for me, they "complete" the shows... I love having John Stephenson doing the early commercials right there on the Ricardos' livingroom set... And the later shows in which Lucy and Desi do the final commercial and end with "good night, see you next week" ... Little things like that "finish off" the viewing experience for me...

• Like 1

Thank you -- but I certainly did not do it alone. There is a whole crew of people who worked on the set. As for your question, the key word is "every," and at this moment the answer is "no, not yet." We are still searching out materials. But we have many/most of them.  Not all of them are in excellent condition -- NO ONE thought that anyone would ever want/need these again...

I love seeing the episodes as originally broadcast because, for me, they "complete" the shows... I love having John Stephenson doing the early commercials right there on the Ricardos' livingroom set... And the later shows in which Lucy and Desi do the final commercial and end with "good night, see you next week" ... Little things like that "finish off" the viewing experience for me...

Does CBS or Lucie have more behind the scenes on set pics (whether color or black and white) that we haven't seen? 

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested it looks like CBS/Amazon has dropped the price a bit on the season one blu-ray.  It's now $49.99....it may be a little more palatable for some people.  Here's hoping this causes an increase in sales so we can get more seasons released!

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Ultimate-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B00H5NY6CI/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_y

• Like 2