The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

I'm sure these are not all the extras just yet, but still so very exciting to be getting these treasures. My hope and I think the hope of the folks behind these Ultimate releases, is to include on each set everything Lucy-related from that period. Which makes sense, since they're the ultimate. I can only pray that these sets continue with the rest of the seasons and into the Comedy Hours, and onto The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Life With Lucy. So that everything with Lucy on TV will be on these Ultimate Editions. Because Lucy was the best. Because Lucy deserves nothing less.

• Like 3

I'm sure these are not all the extras just yet, but still so very exciting to be getting these treasures. My hope and I think the hope of the folks behind these Ultimate releases, is to include on each set everything Lucy-related from that period. Which makes sense, since they're the ultimate. I can only pray that these sets continue with the rest of the seasons and into the Comedy Hours, and onto The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Life With Lucy. So that everything with Lucy on TV will be on these Ultimate Editions. Because Lucy was the best. Because Lucy deserves nothing less.

By hook or by crook, they'll keep these films preserved for all time. I have no doubt. Even if all don't make it to blu-ray for this particular wave, something will be done.

• Like 1

Well, nobody can argue with any of that, thanks for stating it so well.

Hear, hear!  :desijr:

:MrsRichardCarlson: Yeah, right ding-dong! "The ILL Movie" comprised of the 3 eps with the wraparound footage shot to tie all three together plus show semi-doc style how they filmed the show! Oy! :blink:

Seeing as you were posting OLD news and never refer to anything properly, i went back and Dore's post only mentioned the Dubarry movie, next time be clearer people, LOL!

I wonder if an advertisement will be shown during The "I Love Lucy" Superstar SPECIALarrow-10x10.png, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 2 Blu-ray, just like an advertisement was shown during The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Special, for The "I Love Lucy" Ultimate Season 1 Blu-ray.

10801935_813529742026249_641718389958776

No doubt. It'd be a prime opportunity to advertise it.

Nice screenshot, BTW.

Yes, Joe... The "Job Switching" commentary is the one produced by Bart Andrews and featured on the Criterion Collection LaserDisc.  Bob and Madelyn and Bill Asher are included along with stage manager Herb Browar -- and, of course, Bart himself... I am so happy we were able to present this one (and the ones on Season One) again... I wish Bart had done more.  But, of course,  there was no outlet for these things back then (1991)...

Well, it didn't take a genius to figure that one out, it was THERE, no longer available so i for one, am thrilled that you were able to add it on this so everyone can get to sample that, thanks again.

That's a very nice compliment, comparing the LUCY Blu-rays to the releases of Criterion Collection!

I wish ALL releases were more in this vein. As a fan and collector, I love getting a lot of extra "goodies" along with the main course... When LaserDiscs and DVDs first started, a lot of companies were investing in this kind of thing. Am not sure if it was just the money factor that caused them to stop, or whether it was just that fans did not demand it... But either way, that seems to be a "wave of the past." I think it SHOULD be a "wave of the future," what with internet streaming, etc.  People can now access a wide variety of shows on the internet -- but they cannot find all of these elaborate presentations with bonus features, etc.

But I'm preaching to the choir...

• Like 3

That's a very nice compliment, comparing the LUCY Blu-rays to the releases of Criterion Collection!

I wish ALL releases were more in this vein. As a fan and collector, I love getting a lot of extra "goodies" along with the main course... When LaserDiscs and DVDs first started, a lot of companies were investing in this kind of thing. Am not sure if it was just the money factor that caused them to stop, or whether it was just that fans did not demand it... But either way, that seems to be a "wave of the past." I think it SHOULD be a "wave of the future," what with internet streaming, etc.  People can now access a wide variety of shows on the internet -- but they cannot find all of these elaborate presentations with bonus features, etc.

You certainly are! Can't wait to see your "handiwork", Tom on Season 2 blu!!! :lucythrill:

No, thank GOD but I do like it anyways! You the artist?? Bravo! :peachonthebeach:

Nah. I just searched "I Love Lucy Minimalist" or something on Google. This struck me because it looks like it could be Criterion, and of course its, uh, unique likeness to that other movie poster.

MV5BMTczMDI5NDEwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTc4

All that cold cream on her face sort of blends in with the computer screen...

Thank God we have YOU in our corner, the work you do is just incredible, keep up the great work.

For me, it really depends on the film/show in question on whether or not I'm interested in bonus features. There are many titles where I'm happy to have a bare bones release, just because I'm a casual fan and don't necessarily need a myriad of features. I'm glad some studios do a basic package and a "deluxe" package for fans to choose from, even if all too often the "deluxe" version only contains an EPK or trailer. That seems like a cheat to me.

However, when it comes to Lucy titles, the more the merrier! And I think we're so lucky that all "Lucy" related DVD releases have gone above and beyond in the extra features department. Even her subsequent series, though not as highly regarded by the general public, went all out.

So thank you SO very much for your team's hard work, Tom.