The Official LUCY ON BLU-RAY Thread!

WELL!

For me, it really depends on the film/show in question on whether or not I'm interested in bonus features. There are many titles where I'm happy to have a bare bones release, just because I'm a casual fan and don't necessarily need a myriad of features. I'm glad some studios do a basic package and a "deluxe" package for fans to choose from, even if all too often the "deluxe" version only contains an EPK or trailer. That seems like a cheat to me.

However, when it comes to Lucy titles, the more the merrier! And I think we're so lucky that all "Lucy" related DVD releases have gone above and beyond in the extra features department. Even her subsequent series, though not as highly regarded by the general public, went all out.

So thank you SO very much for your team's hard work, Tom.

It also helps that Lucy had this incredible amount of extra work to choose from AND the fact that the whole 50's era was so well represented in anything she did.

• Like 1

For me, it really depends on the film/show in question on whether or not I'm interested in bonus features. There are many titles where I'm happy to have a bare bones release, just because I'm a casual fan and don't necessarily need a myriad of features. I'm glad some studios do a basic package and a "deluxe" package for fans to choose from, even if all too often the "deluxe" version only contains an EPK or trailer. That seems like a cheat to me.

However, when it comes to Lucy titles, the more the merrier! And I think we're so lucky that all "Lucy" related DVD releases have gone above and beyond in the extra features department. Even her subsequent series, though not as highly regarded by the general public, went all out.

So thank you SO very much for your team's hard work, Tom.

I think Tom would be the first to tell you he can't take all the credit for all the DVD bonus stuff, at least not on the later stuff like the Here's Lucy series and TLBS releases, which were all produced by GAB Entertainment or as they are more commonly known, Garret Boyajian and George Ridjaneck Jr., both life-long "Lucy" fans and supporters.

So thanks to GAB as well as Gregg Oppenheimer, Tom (Watson), Rick Carl, Jonathan Angus and Dan Wingate for all their contributions to the early and current ILL releases on DVD and Blu-Ray and the entire TLS series on DVD.  Bravo, guys! Take a bow! :gary:

• Like 1

I think Tom would be the first to tell you he can't take all the credit for all the DVD bonus stuff, at least not on the later stuff like the Here's Lucy series and TLBS releases, which were all produced by GAB Entertainment or as they are more commonly known, Garret Boyajian and George Ridjaneck Jr., both life-long "Lucy" fans and supporters.

So thanks to GAB as well as Gregg Oppenheimer, Tom (Watson), Rick Carl, Jonathan Angus and Dan Wingate for all their contributions to the early and current ILL releases on DVD and Blu-Ray and the entire TLS series on DVD.  Bravo, guys! Take a bow! :gary:

Absolutely. All the fine people who have worked on finding and compiling these supplements are to be commended.

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to update everyone... It looks as though Season 2 will be released on Blu-ray on August 4, 2015 -- CBS has postponed it a few weeks because we all needed a couple of extra weeks to finish things off properly... 

Thanks...

• Like 1

Just wanted to update everyone... It looks as though Season 2 will be released on Blu-ray on August 4, 2015 -- CBS has postponed it a few weeks because we all needed a couple of extra weeks to finish things off properly... 

Thanks...

Thanks for the update. Close enough to August Sixth, Period for a nice 104th birthday launch.

And, since Lucy's Last Birthday is on this set, maybe someone should suggest to CBS this episode would be perfect for a prime time airing to drum up some business. Hey, if NBC can get away with that weird "Betty White's Second Annual 90th Birthday Special", think what the Tiffany Network could do with the "Lucy Ricardo 94th Birthday Spectacular."

Thanks for the update. Close enough to August Sixth, Period for a nice 104th birthday launch.

And, since Lucy's Last Birthday is on this set, maybe someone should suggest to CBS this episode would be perfect for a prime time airing to drum up some business. Hey, if NBC can get away with that weird "Betty White's Second Annual 90th Birthday Special", think what the Tiffany Network could do with the "Lucy Ricardo 94th Birthday Spectacular."

Yeah, i immediately thought of Lucy's birthday also, just amazing what CBS is doing with the show, i couldn't be happier that Lucy is still doing very well in the ratings even after leaving us a quarter century ago.  I commend CBS for taking advantage of that fact and hope they keep doing it, seems the world never tires of Lucy. 

• 2 weeks later...

QUESTION:  I didn't know what section of the lounge to put this in, so I figured I'd put it here, being that it's the most active/recent.  

Is any other member besides me, having issues with their Avatar?  I went to go change it, yesterday, and the new photo wouldn't upload.  So, a friend of mine re-sized it, made it smaller and scaled it down, and it still wouldn't upload.  Then, I tried to upload my old avatar, before I tried to change it, and my old one wouldn't upload.  So, if anybody is willing to help/assist me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!  

QUESTION:  I didn't know what section of the lounge to put this in, so I figured I'd put it here, being that it's the most active/recent.  

Is any other member besides me, having issues with their Avatar?  I went to go change it, yesterday, and the new photo wouldn't upload.  So, a friend of mine re-sized it, made it smaller and scaled it down, and it still wouldn't upload.  Then, I tried to upload my old avatar, before I tried to change it, and my old one wouldn't upload.  So, if anybody is willing to help/assist me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks in advance!  

I have been having the same problem. The avatar upload function will not work. I have tried for over 2 weeks to get it to work. Sorry but I have no solution as how to get it to work again. Maybe the webmaster can look into the problem.