Happy Birthday Bob

Lucy sings "Hey, Look Me Over!" at Bob Hope's 75th birthday special. Lucy's segment starts at 43:20.

Love watching that, Lucy looks lovely, i have it in my collection, sent to me by Neil, but his did not include the clips from the movies and i was missing her last note too, so i finally found out what WE'VE GOT, it's HOPE, LOL!

She does look great here.  I love how she recovers during the bridge when the audience applause throws her off....."How can you praise a man......." to "What can amaze a man.....".  She throws her weight to one side to "conduct" the orchestra and, pro that she is, stays on the beat.  People don't realize when you're singing live, you can't always hear the orchestra well..

I didn't find out the "praise a man" lyric until she did it 5 years later.  It's "who's bogied with Richard Boer (I'm assuming a famous golfer?)".  As Claude stated, my video of this did cut off the end.  Don't know how that happened.  This is one of the RARE videos I had, that I recorded off the air by lugging a 150 pound 1/2" open-reel video tape recorder home from school, along with a special monitor/TV that received the over the air TV signal and had an output, the "VTR" would record.  These specials were shown once and who would have thought we'd ever have access to them again?

I always heard it as "boogied with Miss Lamour." Any other theories?

I'll have to find the 1983 version and listen to it.  I'm not sure I'm spelling it right, but the first line is the golf term "bogey".  Whatever it is he did it with Richard somebody, whose last name rhymes with Dorothy's, if you pronounce it like LaMure (rhyming with "mature") and not "more",  the more common pronunciation.   And yes, the second line is "boogied with Miss Lamour".

I'll have to find the 1983 version and listen to it.  I'm not sure I'm spelling it right, but the first line is the golf term "bogey".  Whatever it is he did it with Richard somebody, whose last name rhymes with Dorothy's, if you pronounce it like LaMure (rhyming with "mature") and not "more",  the more common pronunciation.   And yes, the second line is "boogied with Miss Lamour".

Always wondered what she was saying too. I love how she covers up not holding the last note by just yelling "Yeah!!!" Cracks me up every time.

She does look great here.  I love how she recovers during the bridge when the audience applause throws her off....."How can you praise a man......." to "What can amaze a man.....".  She throws her weight to one side to "conduct" the orchestra and, pro that she is, stays on the beat.  People don't realize when you're singing live, you can't always hear the orchestra well..

I didn't find out the "praise a man" lyric until she did it 5 years later.  It's "who's bogied with Richard Boer (I'm assuming a famous golfer?)".  As Claude stated, my video of this did cut off the end.  Don't know how that happened.  This is one of the RARE videos I had, that I recorded off the air by lugging a 150 pound 1/2" open-reel video tape recorder home from school, along with a special monitor/TV that received the over the air TV signal and had an output, the "VTR" would record.  These specials were shown once and who would have thought we'd ever have access to them again?

Some vcr's when you would record, they would come back on time and therefore delete your last moment, so you would have to leave a space between clips to make sure nothing disappeared.  That was especially true when we would do a montage of any kind, eating a few seconds here and there.  But of all the things i own or have, YOUR recordings are my faves, seems we had the same taste.  Your audio clips are still played regularly too< Mame, music from The Lucy show or Here's Lucy, you seem to have done for me what i used to do for other fans.