June Lockhart..NOT DEAD!

PuttyNose

I know her mainly from the wonderful LOST IN SPACE. I know she took over from the late Bea Benederet in PETTICOAT JUNCTION, but couldn't really save the show

Oh yeah, forgot about her replacing Bea when she died, and how about Lost in Space, never watched it but it was a hugely popular show.

Oh yeah, forgot about her replacing Bea when she died, and how about Lost in Space, never watched it but it was a hugely popular show.

I love her in Lassie and Lost in Space. I read an old TV Guide interview about her when she was taking over Petticoat Junction and she was an understanding yet mod mother and enjoyed her family. I like Petticoat Junction with her when she was first introduced. I love at how she handled the role of a lady doctor who was showing up those old men's prejudice to women doctors. However, by her second season she was only used to fill in scenes and the focus shifted more to kate's (bea) daughters. Petticoat Junction was Bea's show and they show up spin off the girls with June as a lady in a new setting.

• 4 weeks later...

I love her in Lassie and Lost in Space. I read an old TV Guide interview about her when she was taking over Petticoat Junction and she was an understanding yet mod mother and enjoyed her family. I like Petticoat Junction with her when she was first introduced. I love at how she handled the role of a lady doctor who was showing up those old men's prejudice to women doctors. However, by her second season she was only used to fill in scenes and the focus shifted more to kate's (bea) daughters. Petticoat Junction was Bea's show and they show up spin off the girls with June as a lady in a new setting.

Always liked this pleasant actress. June is actually still somewhat active in show business, acting in a few low-budget movies in the last few years.

Archived