Nov. 12, 2011 - An Evening with Lucie Arnaz

Brock

Sounds like a great evening for a great cause!

From HauteLiving:

On November 12th, City of Hope will celebrate cultural, historic and medical milestones in “An Evening with Lucie Arnaz” to benefit the institution’s world-renowned bone marrow transplantation program. The benefit show celebrates the 35th anniversary of City of Hope’s pioneering bone marrow transplantation program, which recently performed its 10,000th transplant.

Lucie Arnaz, iconic entertainer and daughter of showbiz royalty Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball, will performace songs from her Broadway debut, “They’re Playing Our Song,” along with new arrangements of favorite standards by such luminaries as Ira Gershwin, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer. The program will also feature Latin tunes her father made famous

“An Evening with Lucie Arnaz” will be held at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center in Aventura at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $60, with VIP packages for $150 including premium seating , preshow dinner at Morton’s The Steakhouse, an autographed CD, a post-show reception with Arnaz and a Whole Foods coupon. Tickets can be purchased online at www.aventuracenter.org/LucieArnaz or by calling 800-584-6709.

SOURCE: http://www.hauteliving.com/2011/10/%E2%80%9Can-evening-with-lucie-arnaz%E2%80%9D-concert-to-benefit-bone-marrow-transplantation-city-of-hope/

From the Aventura Cultural Centre site:

Date:Saturday, November 12, 2011

Time:8:00 PM

Tickets: $60 - $75

VIP Seats (Row A - E): $150*

Venue: Aventura Arts & Cultural Center

This City of Hope benefit concert features Lucie Arnaz singing show stoppers from her Broadway debut, "They're Playing Our Song," along with some great new arrangements to favorite, old standards by such luminaries as Ira Gershwin, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer. The program will also include Latin tunes her father, Desi Arnaz, made famous as well as a song that will be forever associated with her legendary mother, Lucille Ball.

Proceeds support Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation. This show is proudly sponsored by El Dorado Furniture, Morton's The Steakhouse and Whole Foods Market. For more information about City of Hope, visit www.cityofhope.org.

* VIP Seats (Row A - E) include premium seating, a pre-show dinner at Morton's The Steakhouse, an autographed CD, a post-show reception with Ms. Arnaz and a Whole Foods Market coupon. VIP Seats are only available directly through City of Hope's Southeast Region by contacting (800) 584-6709.

SOURCE: https://www.aventuracenter.org/LucieArnaz

This sounds like it will be absolutely terrific! I was lucky enough to see Lucie perform live about two-and-a-half years ago and she was absolutely FANTASTIC! She is actually performing in Norwalk, CT on October 29, which isn't too far from me. I'm trying really hard to save money, though, so I don't think I'll be able to go. :(

This sounds like it will be absolutely terrific! I was lucky enough to see Lucie perform live about two-and-a-half years ago and she was absolutely FANTASTIC! She is actually performing in Norwalk, CT on October 29, which isn't too far from me. I'm trying really hard to save money, though, so I don't think I'll be able to go. :(

I'd love to see her show, she is incredibly youthful looking and gorgeous for her age and sings like she dances, like a dream. You're lucky to have seen her perform. In that kind of setting i mean.

Archived