Lucy & Linda Evans?

Brock

In her new book Recipes For Life, Linda Evans mentions that her grandfather Tony Vergoti worked at Desilu and took her to one of the annual Desilu picnics when she was in her teens and got Lucy's autograph. She writes:

At the end of the day, Lucy signed autographs. By the time I found out, I was at the back of an incredibly long line. It was getting late, so I was desperately hoping she wouldn't leave before I reached her. But even after dark, Lucy stayed on until she had given everyone, including me, her autograph. That experience meant so much that I've always tried to remember it anytime fans take the time to wait for me.

It's a great little anecdote, but she doesn't mention exactly what her grandfather did for Desilu. Any ideas?

In her new book Recipes For Life, Linda Evans mentions that her grandfather Tony Vergoti worked at Desilu and took her to one of the annual Desilu picnics when she was in her teens and got Lucy's autograph. She writes:

It's a great little anecdote, but she doesn't mention exactly what her grandfather did for Desilu. Any ideas?

If it was a significant job, she probably would have mentionned it, i guess he could have been a grip or something like that? Remember the story of the time Lucy signed autographs from her car window, seated comfortably there, this old guy called GRAMPS said Maureen O'Hara who signed them standing up would go far but Lucy wouldn't last long with that attitude and Lucy replied to the person telling her the story, YEAH, AND WHERE IS GRAMPS NOW? LOL!

Archived