Andy Rooney has died at 92

Brock

Aww.... :( R.I.P. Andy.

From CBC news:

A statement on the CBS News' website said he died Friday night in a New York hospital of complications following minor surgery.

The four-time Emmy winner had announced his retirement from the television program on Oct. 2 in his 1,097th commentary.

Rooney delivered his often humourous life lessons and everyday observations from behind his desk at the end of 60 Minutes for more than 30 years, but he had been at CBS for more than 60 years.

Much of that time was spent as a highly successful writer and producer. Despite being on television for years, he thought of himself primarily as a writer and didn't enjoy being recognized by people on the street.

MORE AT THE SOURCE: http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/story/2011/11/05/andy-rooney-obit.html

You eat McGillicuddy foo yung and a year later you're hungry again.

Maybe Jan should talk Mickey into his long overdue retirement then. lol

I know, when i saw Rooney dead, i immediately thought of who should have been at the head of that line, in his army outfit and medals all shiny, Mickey the MGM midget, who never forgave them for not letting him play a munchkin in the Wizard of Oz. A part he was made for! :lucythrill:

Heard it on the news this morning. :(

“For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!” (:lucyhaha:)

RIP, Andy!

Heard it on the news this morning. :(

“For all those men who say, 'Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?', here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage. Why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig just to get a little sausage!” (:lucyhaha:)

RIP, Andy!

Never expected that from you, been wronged lately? LOL! :lucythrill:

Archived