Salutes to Divine and Tab Hunter at Cinefamily

divine_newsite1.jpg

04067799.gifhunter.jpg

Outfest joins Cinefamily in presenting two unforgettable nights: A Tribute to Divine and An Evening with Tab Hunter, on November 12-13.

The Divine event on November 12 features a presentation of rare home movies, TV appearances, and other rarely-screened Divine moments curated by Jeffrey Schwarz (WRANGLER: ANATOMY OF AN ICON), director of the upcoming documentary I AM DIVINE, followed by a 35mm screening of John Waters' 1972 classic PINK FLAMINGOS, starring Divine as "the filthiest woman alive."

On the 13th, gay Hollywood legend Tab Hunter takes the stage to discuss his extraordinary career before presenting a 35mm screening of the 1981 POLYESTER, starring Hunter and Divine and filmed in the scratch-and-sniff wonder of Odorama.

Outfest members get a $4 discount on tickets - buy your tickets online at BrownPaperTickets.com at full price, and show proof of Outfest membership at the Cinefamily box office for your discount.

(Note: in case you're wondering what the "Lucy connection" to Mr. Hunter might be: well, for thing, he's life partner to producer/author Alan Glaser, co-author with our own Rick Carl, artiste extraordinaire, of the now classic "I Love Lucy Paper Doll (Paper Dolls)" book. :D )

divine_newsite1.jpg

04067799.gifhunter.jpg

Outfest joins Cinefamily in presenting two unforgettable nights: A Tribute to Divine and An Evening with Tab Hunter, on November 12-13.

The Divine event on November 12 features a presentation of rare home movies, TV appearances, and other rarely-screened Divine moments curated by Jeffrey Schwarz (WRANGLER: ANATOMY OF AN ICON), director of the upcoming documentary I AM DIVINE, followed by a 35mm screening of John Waters' 1972 classic PINK FLAMINGOS, starring Divine as "the filthiest woman alive."

On the 13th, gay Hollywood legend Tab Hunter takes the stage to discuss his extraordinary career before presenting a 35mm screening of the 1981 POLYESTER, starring Hunter and Divine and filmed in the scratch-and-sniff wonder of Odorama.

Outfest members get a $4 discount on tickets - buy your tickets online at BrownPaperTickets.com at full price, and show proof of Outfest membership at the Cinefamily box office for your discount.

(Note: in case you're wondering what the "Lucy connection" to Mr. Hunter might be: well, for thing, he's life partner to producer/author Alan Glaser, co-author with our own Rick Carl, artiste extraordinaire, of the now classic "I Love Lucy Paper Doll (Paper Dolls)" book. :D )

Lucky bastard, you get to see all these THINS! I never cared for Divine but always loved Tab Hunter.

Here's Tab today...a helluva nice guy. Down-to-earth, charming and maintains a great life these days....blissfully out of the spotlight unless he chooses to step in now and then. Not bad for 8 decades!

TabToday.jpg

OMG, he looks great, just incredible and i agree about HIM, what i've read about him is all positive and glowing, great life.

Archived