Miss America, 1927

leenorman

I have, this date, after learning what 'Magster' had to tell me in this month's B Section, 'Lngrs R Fab', regarding T. Henry Black, Jamestown photographer:

Lois Delander, (dies early 1985, at 74) - Joliet, Illinois, was crowned, at 16, Miss America, 1927, appears just before the 4th of July, at Celoron Park, (now Lucille Ball Memorial Park) [Res. (Love, Lucy - 1966): p. 36 “The candidates were supposed to have their pictures in the paper before the contest, and DeDe sent me to the best photographer, T. Henry Black, Jamestown, NY, who said: 'it's very difficult to get a satisfactory picture of Miss Ball because the lady is just not photogenic!'; I was runner-up; but, have only recently begun wearing bathing suits again...”] near the date of the 4th of July, 1927, Miss Ball, just shy of her 16th birthday, a contestant in the Miss Celoron Bathing Beauty Contest, is born this date (2/14) in 1911.

For further details on Miss America, 1927, will be shared in the published edition of the chronology, hopefully, 2012....

I have, this date, after learning what 'Magster' had to tell me in this month's B Section, 'Lngrs R Fab', regarding T. Henry Black, Jamestown photographer:

Lois Delander, (dies early 1985, at 74) - Joliet, Illinois, was crowned, at 16, Miss America, 1927, appears just before the 4th of July, at Celoron Park, (now Lucille Ball Memorial Park) [Res. (Love, Lucy - 1966): p. 36 “The candidates were supposed to have their pictures in the paper before the contest, and DeDe sent me to the best photographer, T. Henry Black, Jamestown, NY, who said: 'it's very difficult to get a satisfactory picture of Miss Ball because the lady is just not photogenic!'; I was runner-up; but, have only recently begun wearing bathing suits again...”] near the date of the 4th of July, 1927, Miss Ball, just shy of her 16th birthday, a contestant in the Miss Celoron Bathing Beauty Contest, is born this date (2/14) in 1911.

For further details on Miss America, 1927, will be shared in the published edition of the chronology, hopefully, 2012....

Oh you got me so excited there for a minute, thought you were going to tell us that YOU were Miss America that year, but being 39 that did not make much sense.

Archived