Next Hollywood Autograph Show

JoeySanJoaquin

hey, Kids! For those so inclined...should you want to make travel plans or already are near enough to attend, the next Hollywood Show (as they're now known) is coming up in October and appears, as usual, to include a couple "reunion" themes, which this time will feature the surviving cast of my beloved Bewitched as Erin "Tabitha" Murphy, Bernard "Dr. Bombay" Fox and the Lawrence twins ("Adam").

Other folks scheduled to appear will be reunited casts of Land of the Giants, Twin Peaks, Summer of 42 and Revenge of the Nerds, among others.

Also headlining will be Jeannie herself, Miss Barbara Eden; Bill "Roger" Daily also scheduled to appear. Guess Larry Hagman's busy. ohmy.gif

A couple of Monkees are also scheduled to appear, in the form of Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork.

Show's scheduled for Saturday, October 9 & Sunday, October 10, 2010 at:

Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel

2500 North Hollywood Way

Burbank CA 91505

Sat 10am-5pm & Sun 10am-4pm

More details and info here: Hollywood Show

cool.gif

Sounds like fun! How much do the celebrity charge for autographs there on average?

I remember the good ol' days when you'd write a star a fan letter, and get an autographed pic back for nothing. Now I guess it's standard practice to enclose a SASE with your note, otherwise the secretary signing the thing won't send it to you. :lol:

Sounds like fun! How much do the celebrity charge for autographs there on average?

That's hard to say, exactly. Things have changed alot last couple years with these shows, not the least of which is the owners are new and have changed lots of things about how they operate. It now costs $20 -- double what it did before they took over! -- just to walk in the door for one day's attendance.

Once inside, it really depends on a variety of factors: How "big" the celebrity is you want an autograph from, and/or how "A" (or B, C, D, etc.for that matter)-list they consider the artist and hence, their placement in the hall; i.e., in the old days, if an "A-lister" like Debbie Reynolds, Larry Hagman, Barbara Eden, Shirley Jones, etc., were in attendance, they used to put them in certain corners of the convention hall, one that would not only be prime real estate but have close access to an entrance/exit so security could control the lines without a lot of trouble. With the new owners, that seems to have gone out the window and those folks aren't necessarily relagated to the "prime spots"; however, thankfully, so far anyway, they haven't stuck them in the "banquet table" rows that seem to be the spots reserved for the "lesser" folks.

I've seen prices everywhere from $10 to $50 bucks, depending on who/what they were signing. Lots of fans bring their own stuff (pics, posters, record albums, t-shirts, etc.) they want signed so that costs too, it just really depends on what they "star" has set and what it is. The owners also often have certain photos pre-printed up (usually very, very already familiar pictures) for those who don't have their act together and don't bother to bring their own.

What I've come to prefer to do is bring my camera and ask to have my pic snapped with the celeb, for which you'll also pay a fee -- usually. Sometimes they're kind enough to pose with you just because you ask. It just all depends, sometimes down to the mood of the star on that particular day. Seriously. I've seen some of the biggest names be so kind and gracious and not "knickel and dime" fans that you wouldn't believe it; I've witnessed absurd, inexcusable behavior by those who should know better but have had their heads so far up their asses for so long they don't know how to be grateful for the few fans they've still got.

Go to the link for the site on my original post and see the link for "Autograph Services" for more examples of what kind of prices they're charging. cool.gif

That's hard to say, exactly. Things have changed alot last couple years with these shows, not the least of which is the owners are new and have changed lots of things about how they operate. It now costs $20 -- double what it did before they took over! -- just to walk in the door for one day's attendance.

Once inside, it really depends on a variety of factors: How "big" the celebrity is you want an autograph from, and/or how "A" (or B, C, D, etc.for that matter)-list they consider the artist and hence, their placement in the hall; i.e., in the old days, if an "A-lister" like Debbie Reynolds, Larry Hagman, Barbara Eden, Shirley Jones, etc., were in attendance, they used to put them in certain corners of the convention hall, one that would not only be prime real estate but have close access to an entrance/exit so security could control the lines without a lot of trouble. With the new owners, that seems to have gone out the window and those folks aren't necessarily relagated to the "prime spots"; however, thankfully, so far anyway, they haven't stuck them in the "banquet table" rows that seem to be the spots reserved for the "lesser" folks.

I've seen prices everywhere from $10 to $50 bucks, depending on who/what they were signing. Lots of fans bring their own stuff (pics, posters, record albums, t-shirts, etc.) they want signed so that costs too, it just really depends on what they "star" has set and what it is. The owners also often have certain photos pre-printed up (usually very, very already familiar pictures) for those who don't have their act together and don't bother to bring their own.

What I've come to prefer to do is bring my camera and ask to have my pic snapped with the celeb, for which you'll also pay a fee -- usually. Sometimes they're kind enough to pose with you just because you ask. It just all depends, sometimes down to the mood of the star on that particular day. Seriously. I've seen some of the biggest names be so kind and gracious and not "knickel and dime" fans that you wouldn't believe it; I've witnessed absurd, inexcusable behavior by those who should know better but have had their heads so far up their asses for so long they don't know how to be grateful for the few fans they've still got.

Go to the link for the site on my original post and see the link for "Autograph Services" for more examples of what kind of prices they're charging. cool.gif

Very interesting! Thanks.

If Barbara Eden can get away with charging $30, so should Tippi Hedren! LOL Eric Roberts is going to be there? I thought he was in rehab.

Archived