TV Shows That Changed Our Lives

Brock

There is a new special edition People Magazine on newsstands now called TV Shows That Changed Our Lives: 1970-2010. Bea Arthur on the cover caught my eye, so I decided to flip through it. I didn't expect a Lucy mention considering the dates specified on the cover, and there wasn't one. But for SOME reason, Leave It To Beaver IS mentioned. :blink:

I'm not sure how Wally and the Beav fit into a book celebrating television of the last 40 years, but if they merited a mention Lucy should have as well. :angry:

There is a new special edition People Magazine on newsstands now called TV Shows That Changed Our Lives: 1970-2010. Bea Arthur on the cover caught my eye, so I decided to flip through it. I didn't expect a Lucy mention considering the dates specified on the cover, and there wasn't one. But for SOME reason, Leave It To Beaver IS mentioned. :blink:

I'm not sure how Wally and the Beav fit into a book celebrating television of the last 40 years, but if they merited a mention Lucy should have as well. :angry:

Exactly! dry.gif

So was Bea mentioned for Maude or Golden Girls?? or .......both?? wub.gif

So was Bea mentioned for Maude or Golden Girls?? or .......both?? wub.gif

Maude got several mentions, but I have to admit my flipping through the magazine became less meticulous once I realised the Beav was there and not Lucy... so I'm fairly sure (although not 100 per cent certain) was not mentioned. :lol:

I have no idea why I see "Beaver" in this issue. :P The shows that are being honored in this book--according to its COVER-- were done between 1970-2010. "Glee" surely hasn't changed my life but it does make me change the channel. A complete omission of "The Golden Girls" makes me want to return this book to the store. "TGG" surely did impact many women's lives! You can be over 50 and still be vibrant, active, enjoy sex and love cheesecake!

Oh yes. And it really burns my fanny and makes me want to spew soup when I see that Lucy is number 3 or 4 out of the top 100 best TV shows and the SIMPSONS is listed as number 1. As much as I love The Simpsons, (I literally have grown up with the show as I was born in spring 1989 and it premiered at Christmas 1989) it is NO Lucy! And how come TGG wasn't mentioned? You're right, you can be over 50 and still have a life!

Here is a TV show that may not have been mentioned but changed MY life.

THE BIG BANG THEORY Geeks RULE! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't know what I would do without that show. I'm not really a GEEK (well I used to be with bigger glasses and braces and a gay hairdo) but it makes Comic Con, Star Trek, & Marvel/DC comics sound so much cooler now. As if they weren't any cooler before? My grandparents used to own a deli/grocery by the beach and they had TONS of comics. Some of them were worth a lot of money. I don't know what we did with all of them but there were boxes upon boxes in the basement when we sold their house. If I lived in LA I would SO go to Comic Con. And I am really glad I saw Star Trek. If the TV show was still on I would probably watch it. Hey LUCY got Star Trek on the air!

Oh yes. And it really burns my fanny and makes me want to spew soup when I see that Lucy is number 3 or 4 out of the top 100 best TV shows and the SIMPSONS is listed as number 1. As much as I love The Simpsons, (I literally have grown up with the show as I was born in spring 1989 and it premiered at Christmas 1989) it is NO Lucy! And how come TGG wasn't mentioned? You're right, you can be over 50 and still have a life!

Here is a TV show that may not have been mentioned but changed MY life.

THE BIG BANG THEORY Geeks RULE! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I don't know what I would do without that show. I'm not really a GEEK (well I used to be with bigger glasses and braces and a gay hairdo) but it makes Comic Con, Star Trek, & Marvel/DC comics sound so much cooler now. As if they weren't any cooler before? My grandparents used to own a deli/grocery by the beach and they had TONS of comics. Some of them were worth a lot of money. I don't know what we did with all of them but there were boxes upon boxes in the basement when we sold their house. If I lived in LA I would SO go to Comic Con. And I am really glad I saw Star Trek. If the TV show was still on I would probably watch it. Hey LUCY got Star Trek on the air!

What the hell is a "gay hairdo"???? rolleyes.gif

Not to get off topic but I used to cake my hair with styling gel and comb it back and try to push my bangs up despite the fact that I had curly hair. And I used to put in this washable yellow hair coloring stuff.

Whew! Good lord, for a minute there, I flashed back to "that" scene in There's Something About Mary! blink.gif

Archived