Carol Channing's husband passes

rickee

Sad news; Carol Channing's husband has passed away. This is poignant, as Carol has her new documentary, "Carol Channing: Larger Than Life" premiering nationwide in a few weeks and they both were scheduled to make several appearances.

Our agency just finished the poster for its theatrical release and we learned of this sad news for Carol and the families.

Harry Kullijian was a very, very nice man.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/carol-channings-husband-dies_1279300

http://www.modbee.com/2011/12/26/2001829/harry-kullijian-former-modesto.html

tn-500_2cchk.jpg

27.jpg

CC_1Sht_Domestic.jpg

Such sad news. :( RIP.

Didn't Carol have a show scheduled in Palm Springs this week? Is she still going to do it?

I met them both last spring when I crashed their breakfast and both could not have been nicer.

For those who don't know, Carol and husband had gone to school together (in Seattle?) and became reacquainted just a few years ago. He was a widower and Carol had divorced her long-time husband (amidst strange accusations..) and they married. Their passion was promoting arts in the schools.

Didn't Carol have a show scheduled in Palm Springs this week? Is she still going to do it?

I met them both last spring when I crashed their breakfast and both could not have been nicer.

For those who don't know, Carol and husband had gone to school together (in Seattle?) and became reacquainted just a few years ago. He was a widower and Carol had divorced her long-time husband (amidst strange accusations..) and they married. Their passion was promoting arts in the schools.

While Channing is the complete professional, I seriously doubt if she will make any public appearances for some time...although one never knows.

Carol just finished a Palm Springs Christmas show last Wednesday, 12/21.

On May 10, 2003, she married Harry Kullijian, her fourth husband and junior high school sweetheart, who reunited with her after she mentioned him fondly in her memoir. The two performed at their old junior high school in San Francisco

which had become Aptos Middle School, in a benefit for the school.

Her new documentary, "Carol Channing: Larger Than Life" opens nationwide on January 20, 2012. As I previously wrote, she and Harry were scheduled to make several appearances to promote the film. She was clearly in love with her husband and yes...their passion for promoting the arts in schools was very evident, as even in their advanced ages, they traveled the country extensively to do it.

Archived