Donna Douglas Settles Suit with Mattel over Elly May Barbie

Lucyilove

http://news.yahoo.com/settlement-elly-mae-clampett-barbie-doll-suit-144813469.html

I hope she got herself a heapin' helpin' of something more than hospitality!! I mean, really, this lady IS Elly May to millions of people - she deserved a piece of the action.

Oh God i used to love her so much and i too am thrilled if she got some moolah. THEY say her character belonged to CBS and she's saying they did not get permission to use her image, i'm clearly on HER side in this one, she was gorgeous and funny and a very good actress and they were paid a pittance BACK THEN so i hope she got them for a good sum.

Oh God i used to love her so much and i too am thrilled if she got some moolah. THEY say her character belonged to CBS and she's saying they did not get permission to use her image, i'm clearly on HER side in this one, she was gorgeous and funny and a very good actress and they were paid a pittance BACK THEN so i hope she got them for a good sum.

I still love, love her, she's about the last of the sitcom stars still with us from my childhood that I was crazy about along with Mary Tyler Moore (I always liked Barbara Eden but she was never a huge favorite; Betty White didn't really hit it super big until the MTM Show around 1974 when I was just entering in my teens although I knew her well from the parades and game shows). I hope she got a nice amount, too. Shows what a classy person she is, she didn't sue for some ridiculous multi-million dollar figure like most of these "stars" do when they have disputes, simply an amount that's probably in keeping with what would have been her royalities had they given them to her in the first place. It's pretty silly IMO to say they didn't use her image for this Elly May Barbie, I noticed it wasn't a redheaded or overweight Elly May! That's kind of like saying the Lucy Ricardo Barbie is not inspired by Lucille Ball or the Alexis Colby Barbie isn't using Joan Collins' established image. (They've got Barbies now on EVERYONE, was at the store the other day and walked through the toy section and saw a Doris Day and Rock Hudson Barbie and Ken!!!)

Back to Donna, I'm so happy to hear you're a fan of hers, she's my favorite of all the "sexy" sitcom actresses and beyond that she's as you noted a terrific comedienne.

I still love, love her, she's about the last of the sitcom stars still with us from my childhood that I was crazy about along with Mary Tyler Moore (I always liked Barbara Eden but she was never a huge favorite; Betty White didn't really hit it super big until the MTM Show around 1974 when I was just entering in my teens although I knew her well from the parades and game shows). I hope she got a nice amount, too. Shows what a classy person she is, she didn't sue for some ridiculous multi-million dollar figure like most of these "stars" do when they have disputes, simply an amount that's probably in keeping with what would have been her royalities had they given them to her in the first place. It's pretty silly IMO to say they didn't use her image for this Elly May Barbie, I noticed it wasn't a redheaded or overweight Elly May! That's kind of like saying the Lucy Ricardo Barbie is not inspired by Lucille Ball or the Alexis Colby Barbie isn't using Joan Collins' established image. (They've got Barbies now on EVERYONE, was at the store the other day and walked through the toy section and saw a Doris Day and Rock Hudson Barbie and Ken!!!)

Back to Donna, I'm so happy to hear you're a fan of hers, she's my favorite of all the "sexy" sitcom actresses and beyond that she's as you noted a terrific comedienne.

She brought a certain charm to that character, a tomboy was never more beautiful, and she was so capable as an actress that she made us believe every word, every move, just terrific.

Archived