Our Miss Brooks Movie

I am so pleased that they made this film since "Our Miss Brooks" is not shown on television. I have seen it twice on TCM and it was very entertaining.

I know. Where are the 35mm reruns, please? Desilu filmed it, it was featured alongside Lucy. I'm quite surprised we haven't yet seen any season sets, or at least TV Land reruns!

Copies of the entire series are available on iOffer for pretty reasonable prices. It's well worth it not just for Gale, Eve, and Richard but also appearances by Mary Jane, basically the entire Lucy stock company, and even many props that pulled double duty on both series -- including Vitameatavegamin bottles. lol

Copies of the entire series are available on iOffer for pretty reasonable prices. It's well worth it not just for Gale, Eve, and Richard but also appearances by Mary Jane, basically the entire Lucy stock company, and even many props that pulled double duty on both series -- including Vitameatavegamin bottles. lol

Nice, I'll have to look into it. Were most obtained from TV reruns or copies of prints? I don't ever recall seeing it aired on TV. Has it ever been shown in syndication before?

Was one of my favorites, alongside I Love Lucy, when I was a child; oddly, trying to remember those episodes from 60 years ago, AIN'T easy!!!! Eve sure had the facial expressions down pat, didn't she? Just like Jack Benny.... and....Lucy, of course.

Was one of my favorites, alongside I Love Lucy, when I was a child; oddly, trying to remember those episodes from 60 years ago, AIN'T easy!!!! Eve sure had the facial expressions down pat, didn't she? Just like Jack Benny.... and....Lucy, of course.

Another example of why there should be a "Desilu" cable channel: all their product was filmed so it, in theory is relatively "easy" to transfer to the digital medium and not lose any picture sharpness, clairity, etc.; hell, like ILL and TLS, OMB would probably look even better on today's HD screens if broadcast over a HD cable channel and/or released on DVD! It's a crying shame that so many Desilu-filmed classics aren't being "revived" in this digital age, in some form, they're always looking for "product" what with so many ways to watch a TV show now.... instead though OMB, December Bride, Pete & Gladys, TASS and I don't remember what all could be introduced to a whole new generation and to those who had the pleasure of seeing them but the memories are faint at best at this point. Pity. -_-

Another example of why there should be a "Desilu" cable channel: all their product was filmed so it, in theory is relatively "easy" to transfer to the digital medium and not lose any picture sharpness, clairity, etc.; hell, like ILL and TLS, OMB would probably look even better on today's HD screens if broadcast over a HD cable channel and/or released on DVD! It's a crying shame that so many Desilu-filmed classics aren't being "revived" in this digital age, in some form, they're always looking for "product" what with so many ways to watch a TV show now.... instead though OMB, December Bride, Pete & Gladys, TASS and I don't remember what all could be introduced to a whole new generation and to those who had the pleasure of seeing them but the memories are faint at best at this point. Pity. -_-

SMASHING IDEA, Joey; wonder why no one has thought of that - soon, Lucille and Desi could be making more money than when they were alive, like Elvis' Estate, and the Presley 'girls'...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived