Message to MPI - A Request

I've been purchasing both "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" as each season is released.

One thing that I especially like about "The Lucy Show" is that both the air date and the filming date are listed for viewers interested in that sort of information.

The 2nd Season of "Here's Lucy" contains a few location episodes where a single date would not be appropriate. However, a date range could be listed, using the episodes' daily production reports.

I am hoping that MPI might include - perhaps in the Season 6 release - a complete listing of the episodes showing the air date and the filming date (or dates in the case of the location episodes).

Is anyone else interested in this sort of thing ?

I want to know the tape dates too! I'm pretty sure "Lucy Goes Hawaiian" was taped in September (or even late August) 1970 because according to the production order, "Lucy the American Mother" was the next episode taped and that aired in late October 1970. I wonder why they taped a lot of episodes out of order, and had really early season finales. I mean, "Hawaiian" was in February!

The only episodes I know the tape dates of are "Lucy Runs the Rapids." That was done in the middle of June of 1969 because I caught a glimpse of the slate in the behind the scenes. And "Great Airport chase" was done in August of 1968 despite airing the following February. Well I think some of it was done in July too.

Sheesh now I really want to know the tape dates of some of these episodes!

I would also love to know the dates the episodes were filmed. We already know the air dates and can probably guess when they were filmed, but I would still love to know for sure. I think I remember hearing that the 3rd Season was filmed earlier maybe due to Desi Jr’s filming of an upcoming movie, but not sure it that’s the real reason or not. We know she did film show’s early because of her Mame commitment. Sill would love to have a complete listing of air date/filming date for all HL episodes.

I would also love to know the dates the episodes were filmed. We already know the air dates and can probably guess when they were filmed, but I would still love to know for sure. I think I remember hearing that the 3rd Season was filmed earlier maybe due to Desi Jr’s filming of an upcoming movie, but not sure it that’s the real reason or not. We know she did film show’s early because of her Mame commitment. Sill would love to have a complete listing of air date/filming date for all HL episodes.

I'd love to have seen that too, but doubtful they'll add that to future packages. Despite the great job they've done on these, that would have been a nice "perk"! B)

Archived