Question about Here's lucy season 4 airdates

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few sources that say "Kim Finally Cuts You Know Who's Apron Strings" originally aired on February 28th 1972, while others say it was the 21st. Also, in the dvd booklet, it says there were 2 episodes that aired November 15th, 1971. That's a typo, right? Which one did Apron Strings really air on?

What DVD booklet are you talking about?

"Lucy and the Celebrities" with Rich Little" ("Rich Little? Sounds like a millionaire midget"...Oh, that MILT!) aired 11/15/1971

"With Viv as a Friend" aired 2/21/72

"Apron Strings" 2/28/72 last first run show of the season

What DVD booklet are you talking about?

"Lucy and the Celebrities" with Rich Little" ("Rich Little? Sounds like a millionaire midget"...Oh, that MILT!) aired 11/15/1971

"With Viv as a Friend" aired 2/21/72

"Apron Strings" 2/28/72 last first run show of the season

The one in the season 4 dvd set. Lucie Arnaz herself said it aired on February 21st, on the introduction.

The one in the season 4 dvd set. Lucie Arnaz herself said it aired on February 21st, on the introduction.

I'm sticking with the 28th. I checked our local newspaper archives. I know it was the last show of the season and don't remember the season ever ending as early as Feb. 21st.

CBS was riding high in the ratings and there didn't seem to be much room for "The Kim Show" (or whatever it was to be called). The new ones were "Sandy Duncan" (although technically note new: a continuation of her "Funny Face"character ), Mash, Maude, Bridget Loves Bernie, and Anna and the King--and who could blame them for going with Yul Brynner over Lucie Arnaz. All but Maude and Mash failed. Of the others only BLovesB lasted the full season.

I'm sticking with the 28th. I checked our local newspaper archives. I know it was the last show of the season and don't remember the season ever ending as early as Feb. 21st.

CBS was riding high in the ratings and there didn't seem to be much room for "The Kim Show" (or whatever it was to be called). The new ones were "Sandy Duncan" (although technically note new: a continuation of her "Funny Face"character ), Mash, Maude, Bridget Loves Bernie, and Anna and the King--and who could blame them for going with Yul Brynner over Lucie Arnaz. All but Maude and Mash failed. Of the others only BLovesB lasted the full season.

I like to watch the episodes on the date they aired, 40 years ago. I'm doing the same thing with I Love Lucy--watching the episodes 60 years to the day they aired. Also the Simpsons, (20 years) and lots of other sitcoms. I was right when I watched "Apron Strings" last Tuesday night then?

Archived