I Love Lucy comics -- questions for the collectors

Random Question #1: does anyone know if Ric pictured every issue of the original I Love Lucy comic series in For The Love of Lucy and, if so, how many?

Random Question #2 -- I see British versions of the I Love Lucy comics pop up on eBay from time to time. Are they any different from their American counterparts? Content? They appear in photos to be a little bit wider than the American versions, the lack of the Dell logo in the top right corner could be skewing things.

• 2 weeks later...

In looking at the British comics that have cropped up on eBay recently some of the covers do seem to be slightly different. Aside from obvious differences in colour, the Brit versions do seem to be retouched to accommodate a wider space -- like this version where the rest of Desi's head is (poorly) airbrushed back on:

2lwq2r7.jpg

In looking at the British comics that have cropped up on eBay recently some of the covers do seem to be slightly different. Aside from obvious differences in colour, the Brit versions do seem to be retouched to accommodate a wider space -- like this version where the rest of Desi's head is (poorly) airbrushed back on:

2lwq2r7.jpg

I bought the UK comic above to compare it to the North American version and while the UK version is the same width as its US counterpart, it is significantly shorter. Also, the comic strip content is the same but the UK version is in black and white with different ads and no appearances from Cyrus Shy.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived