I Love Lucy returns to TV Land in June!

Brock

Sitcoms Online reports that ILL is returning to TV Land in June, and the show will continue to air on Hallmark!

Monday, April 23, 2012

TV Land Brings Back I Love Lucy in June 2012; Good Morning America's TV Reunion Blowout: One Day at a Time, Laverne & Shirley, and More

I Love Lucy

As we mentioned about ten days ago, TV Land will air That '70s Show this June. We also hinted that another sitcom will join the line-up and we can reveal what that is now! TV Land is bringing back the classic '50s sitcom I Love Lucy! The Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz comedy has not aired on the network since the end of 2008 and then it moved to Hallmark in January 2009. As of now, Hallmark Channel will still air I Love Lucy come June when TV Land will start airing the series again. We'll let you know if anything should change. As for TV Land, the network will bring back the iconic series on Monday, June 4, 2012! It will air weekday mornings from 11am-12pm, Saturdays 9-11am, and a block on Sundays starting at 11am (usually lasting to 4:30pm). I Love Lucy will air in a black and white morning sitcom block which features Leave it to Beaver at 9am, The Dick Van Dyke Show at 10am, I Love Lucy at 11am, and The Andy Griffith Show at 12 noon. This means M*A*S*H is out of the morning block, but it will still air weekdays from 6-8pm. Murder, She Wrote continues to kick off the morning line-up at 8am (with Boston Legal on Fridays). The rest of the weekday daytime schedule will remain intact with Gunsmoke at 1pm & 2pm and Bonanza from 3-6pm leading into M*A*S*H.

Read more: http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/#ixzz1suD1OVqc

Sitcoms Online reports that ILL is returning to TV Land in June, and the show will continue to air on Hallmark!

Oh brother, another station playing "I Love Lucy". This makes two stations on cable and two stations on UHF. Why didn't TVLand go for "The Lucy Show" no one has seen it on television in years? They missed a great opportunity in televising a show that no one else is televising. Good Grief!!! :lucymeh:

The good thing for having "I Love Lucy" return to TVLand is having it broadcast in more cable markets than "Hallmark". Canada will get "I Love Lucy". The editing of "I Love Lucy" may be better than Hallmark's editing of the show. I really would love "The Lucy Show" and "Here's Lucy" to pop-up on cable somewhere so many more people can see Lucy in another vehicle other than "I Love Lucy".

At least tvland is going back to what it was meant for in the first place. It got so trashy, I don't watch it anymore. Maybe I will start watching it again now that ILL will be back on tvland :).

The only thing I have been watching on "TVLand" is "Hot In Cleveland" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show". Now I can add :ill:. I am very interested on how they are going to edit these shows in comparision to FOX local and Hallmark.TVLand was the only station to use the original opening rather than the heart-shaped ones.

WELCOME BACK ASHLEY!!!

Just a "bump up" for this thread to remind that there's currently a day long ILL marathon going on right now on Hallmark Channel. :D

As I type this, they're accosting Charles Boyer at a sidewalk cafe (Ethel (embarrassed): "Oh, Mister Boyer, how do you do???")! viv1.JPGohmy.giflaugh.gif

A few weeks ago on the daily rotation of this show they went from "Nursery School" to "Lucy And Bob Hope". I know why now? Since we are being treated to a full day of the Ricardos and the Mertzes in Europe!!! I just watched "Return Home From Europe"

I caught a few minutes of "Staten Island Ferry" on Hallmark this afternoon. My God, the commercial volume was unbearable! Every 3 minutes that heart logo closed over and another ad for "women who like themselves eat Yoplait/Special K/Dove Chocolate" was on. If I had to see one more of those gals jumping around pigging out on chocolate I would've lost it.

Makes me all the more appreciative for the DVDs. Screw watching it for free, I'll gladly pay for uninterrupted Lucy! But it is nice for those who maybe aren't familiar with her to get used to her show and want to buy it...if they can stand the commercials!

I caught a few minutes of "Staten Island Ferry" on Hallmark this afternoon. My God, the commercial volume was unbearable! Every 3 minutes that heart logo closed over and another ad for "women who like themselves eat Yoplait/Special K/Dove Chocolate" was on. If I had to see one more of those gals jumping around pigging out on chocolate I would've lost it.

Makes me all the more appreciative for the DVDs. Screw watching it for free, I'll gladly pay for uninterrupted Lucy! But it is nice for those who maybe aren't familiar with her to get used to her show and want to buy it...if they can stand the commercials!

'Women who like themselves eating..' Just made my night! Hahahahahaha! I agree, plus the more time goes on the more and more cut up these are and sped up. It drives me crazy!

Archived