Actor George Lindsey dies at 83

Brock

From NBC Nashville:

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Actor and comedian George "Goober" Lindsey died early Sunday morning after a brief illness, according to his publicist. He was 83 years old.

Lindsey was born on December 17, 1928 in Fairfield, Alabama, and grew up in the small town of Jasper. Sources tell Channel 4 that The Andy Griffith Show and Hee Haw star will be buried there.

Funeral arrangements are being handled Marshall Donnelly Combs Funeral Home of Nashville.

As a young boy, Lindsey's best buddies were his dog One Spot and his pal Sappo, a lifelong friend and a popular foil for Lindsey's stand-up comedy act. He became interested in acting after seeing a production of Oklahoma! when he was just 14.

Full article and video: http://www.wsmv.com/story/18157477/george-goober-lindsey

From NBC Nashville:

Full article and video: http://www.wsmv.com/story/18157477/george-goober-lindsey

Amazing that IMDb has him born in 1935; if 'that site' is THAT much off, I'm in a lot of trouble with my chronology!!!! YIKES!!!! Anyone KNOW of a more-reliable site???? Maybe if THIS edition sells, I can investigate the 'real' birth and death dates.... no time this time!

Amazing that IMDb has him born in 1935; if 'that site' is THAT much off, I'm in a lot of trouble with my chronology!!!! YIKES!!!! Anyone KNOW of a more-reliable site???? Maybe if THIS edition sells, I can investigate the 'real' birth and death dates.... no time this time!

What are some other big discrepancies you've uncovered between a celebrities published birth year and what you've discovered to be the actual year?

What are some other big discrepancies you've uncovered between a celebrities published birth year and what you've discovered to be the actual year?

Trying to remember, here, Neil; mostly, from THIS LOUNGE, which seems pretty accurate, with sites mentioned and posted, for instance, news articles:

Some from Wikipedia, which I'm thinking is also 'risky', to say the least; but, thought IMDb to be the more accurate. I realize that, for publicity purposes, many BAD DATES were given out as factual, and continued for the life of the individual; but, what can you do? Even history books are wrong about some things; not to mention the teachers who teach it.

I don't have much information on 'other' sites....unless, of course, you can direct me....

I'd certainly appreciate it; figure, if the thing 'sells'; people will certainly try to reach me with 'errors'; trying to make it as historic and factual as I can.

There have been a couple I've changed from IMDb information; when, I was searching for 'further information' and went to Wikipedia; and/or the LOUNGE itself.

What did you have in mind in the asking? Anything particular? I take ALL suggestions, and/or assistance, seriously, and thankfully and appreciatively.

Archived