Students still love Lucy in Terre Haute

Brock

Here's a fun little story on students who are putting their own spin on Lucy. It sounds like they're having a great time being exposed to and recreating the Lucy legacy! :peachonthebeach:

They still love Lucy

North actors having a ball re-creating legendary TV show

Arthur Foulkes The Tribune-Star

TERRE HAUTE — Lucille Ball, one of the most successful and well-known actresses and comedians in American history, died in 1989, several years before the current students at Terre Haute North Vigo High School were even born.

But that’s not stopping them from paying tribute to the genius of Ball in a Black Box Theater production of “We Love Lucy,” written and directed by North Vigo junior Kasy Long.

“I love ‘I Love Lucy,’” Long said Monday evening just before the cast’s first dress rehearsal of the production, which will be staged in the North auditorium free-of-charge at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday

“To be Lucille Ball, even for one night, is a dream come true,” Long said.

Article continues here, and includes photos of the students doing the routines: http://tribstar.com/local/x1221403322/They-still-love-Lucy

Awwww, how sweet is that? Good to know that the younger generation is taking up the torch.

Just think, someday they'll be Lucy Loungers like us! :professor:

Right! Anything that helps continue the "legacy", that she was on this planet and exposure of all the film that she left behind, particularly all the TV series and guest appearances, for new viewers and future generations is A-okay with me! luciedesi.JPG

• 1 month later...

Oh, and thank you for the nice comments. I didn't even know about this website until I googled my own name. I saw it and I thought your comments were so nic! Thank you so much! :) Letting the younger generation know about "I Love Lucy" was my goal for the show, and I did that. One of my dad's coworkers went to the show with her daughter. We did the Vitameatavegamin scene, and she told my dad that her daughter now says at the dinner table, "It's so tasty too!" :) That just made me so happy!

Oh, and thank you for the nice comments. I didn't even know about this website until I googled my own name. I saw it and I thought your comments were so nic! Thank you so much! :) Letting the younger generation know about "I Love Lucy" was my goal for the show, and I did that. One of my dad's coworkers went to the show with her daughter. We did the Vitameatavegamin scene, and she told my dad that her daughter now says at the dinner table, "It's so tasty too!" :) That just made me so happy!

That's terrific! I'm so glad you eventually found us. :)

Welcome to the Lounge!

That's terrific! I'm so glad you eventually found us. :)

Welcome to the Lounge!

Yes, so glad to hear this! I hate how people think the Simpsons is the funniest TV show ever in history, when it is ONE of the funniest, not THE funniest. And they're like "Lucy who?" "Oh that old black and white crap from 150 years ago?" Ps me off a lot. People even say the same thing about the Golden Girls being the best show in history, or even Estelle Getty being America's funniest comedienne. While I love it and it never fails to make me laugh, it is ONE of the funniest shows and Estelle was ONE of the funniest. If it weren't for Miss Ball and Mr. Arnaz, The GGs or the Simpsons or even Seinfeld would not exist.

Thanks! Portraying Lucille Ball was a dream come true for me! She is my idol as an actress. I just wanted people to be aware of the show and how funny it really is. I even dyed my hair for the show. Well, I temporarily dyed it, so it's going back to my natural color now. Anyway, a few people I know asked me, "Why are you dying your hair? Your hair is blonde. Isn't her hair blonde on the show?" I laughed and said, "Umm...it's in black and white." They were like, "Well, I'm not a fan. I didn't know." I said, "You should be a fan. Enough said." :) It is one of the best shoes ever produced! They don't make TV shows anymore like they did back then.

Archived