Which I Love Lucy "fight with each other" episodes did you enjoy?

I like and love the episodes in which the characters are fighting with each other. Whether it would be the Mertzes vs. the Ricardos, The girls against the boys, Ethel vs. Lucy, Lucy vs. Ricky, Ethel vs. Fred, Fred vs. Ricky, Lucy vs. Caroline or Lucy vs. Betty etc. etc.

Here are some that stand out for me:

Breaking The Lease

The Courtroom

Ethel's Birthday

Lucy Does The Tango

The Black Eye

I like and love the episodes in which the charcters are fighting with each other. Whether it would be the Mertzes vs. the Ricardos, The girls against the boys, Ethel vs. Lucy, Lucy vs. Ricky, Ethel vs. Fred, Fred vs. Ricky, Lucy vs. Caroline or Lucy vs. Betty etc. etc.

Here are some that stand out for me:

Breaking The Lease

The Courtroom

Ethel's Birthday

Lucy Does The Tango

The Black Eye

Ethel's Birthday and Breaking the lease.

Birthday, because of Lucy and Ethel fighting in the theater and Ethel's comments on the hostess pants. And how Lucy thinks Ethel's got the biggest POTAMUS she's ever seen. And "Happy Birthday and I hope you live another 75 years!"

BTL, because of Lucy and Ricky teaming up to piss off Ethel and Fred--plus the beginning when they're all singing Sweet Sue.

I think my favorite has to be No Children Allowed

My God what a great episode- it's so realistic and so real.

Ethel and Mrs Trumble going at it is pretty funny-

"Well, I'd advise YOU to think it over!"

".WELL!" LOL

The next day at the lunch is perfect lol

Because we've all been there before, where a friend promises they won't say whatever another time

and when some one else comes around, they've forgotten all about it- lol and IT DOES GET ANNOYING- lol

Tempers are so delicate, EVERYONE in the show gets angry at some one at some point lol

But to see it all come around to such a beautiful finish.

This shows how genius the show was, because this show would work PERFECT in a retrospect rerun.

This episode tells why Mrs Trumbell is ALWAYS keeping the baby- it's not (only) because the writers have nothing to do with him lol

but because she actually vows to never leave him alone if some one needs to watch over him again.

Gorgeous show! :)

Great thread topic!

Favorite Ricardo v. Mertz episode: The Courtroom ("With fiendish flicks of foam on his lips...." ) marionstrong.gif

Favorite Lucy v. Ethel episode: Ethel's Birthday

One of the series best, helped by us knowing by now what makes our favorite foursome "tick". Another reason I love it so is it's totally character driven and not dependent on a huge physical "payoff" for an ending.

Favorite Lucy v. Ricky episode: Hollywood Anniversary

From start to finish, perhaps one of the best, well-written and funniest episodes of the series, topped off with a bittersweet, romantic ending that I strongly suspect showed us viewers and fans more than a peek inside the real-life Lucy-Desi relationship. This single episode showcases Lucille Ball's range as an actress possibly more than any other that comes to mind -- Caution, watch carefully: master at work!

lucyhaha.JPG

Great thread topic!

Favorite Ricardo v. Mertz episode: The Courtroom ("With fiendish flicks of foam on his lips...." ) marionstrong.gif

One of the series best, helped by us knowing by now what makes our favorite foursome "tick". Another reason I love it so is it's totally character driven and not dependent on a huge physical "payoff" for an ending.

From start to finish, perhaps one of the best, well-written and funniest episodes of the series, topped off with a bittersweet, romantic ending that I strongly suspect showed us viewers and fans more than a peek inside the real-life Lucy-Desi relationship. This single episode showcases Lucille Ball's range as an actress possibly more than any other that comes to mind -- Caution, watch carefully: master at work!

lucyhaha.JPG

LOVE IT!!!

Your so right about Hollywood Anniversary

Great thread topic!

lucyhaha.JPG

Ricky being the screwball character and Lucy being the adult are very funny episodes. Especially "Lucy Raises Tulips", Ricky plows over Lucy's tulips and replaces them with wax ones. When Lucy finds out she turns into Ricky and Ricky turns into Lucy as he attempts to explain what he did. Other screwball Ricky Ricardo episodes are "The Fur Coat", "Ricky Thinks He's Getting Bald", "Ricky Loses His Voice", "Ricky Has Labor Pains", and "Lucy goes To The Hospital". I like watching Lucy Ricardo in these episodes being the sensible and mature one for a change. It gives her character balance.

I love the one where Lucy is helping Dorothy catch her boyfriend Sam by hosting dinner for them so that Sam can see how wonderful marriage is by her & Ricky's example. (Someone please help me with the name of this episode --I can't think of it!) There were some great lines & scenes in it. Like:

:desi1: :"Sam, my boy, let me tell you what it's really like to be married."

:lucy1: "Don't you dare!"

Lucy "fixing" Ricky breakfast the next morning is so funny, & the ending where Ricky apologizes to Fred, who he thinks is Lucy in the bed, is great, too. (I love that in the last scene he gives Lucy the flowers but hands Ethel the box of chocolates :) )

My favorite fight scene with Lucy & a woman is the one with Caroline Appleby in "Lucy Tells the Truth". Although there are so many terrific episodes where Lucy & Ethel disagree, the scene in Caroline's apartment when Lucy shows up with Little Ricky is so good! Caroline holding Little Ricky sideways as she carries him out of the room, & the great exchanges as they sit on the couch, subtly insulting each other & pointing out flaws in the others child. Caroline really got the upper hand on Lucy with her remarks! One of my favorite lines of the whole series is when Caroline asks, "How long must you stay?" :marionstrong:

Oh, & the one in the country when Ricky can't find the chickens & everyone accuses everyone else of being a chicken thief!

Fun topic, Mona! B)

I love the one where Lucy is helping Dorothy catch her boyfriend Sam by hosting dinner for them so that Sam can see how wonderful marriage is by her & Ricky's example. (Someone please help me with the name of this episode --I can't think of it!) There were some great lines & scenes in it. Like:

:desi1: :"Sam, my boy, let me tell you what it's really like to be married."

:lucy1: "Don't you dare!"

The Matchmaker (#102, OAD October 25, 1954) lucythrill.JPG

I like the fight episodes where Lucy has the upper hand , such as "Hollywood Anniversary" and "Lucy Raises Tulips". It's fun seeing that inverse and to know that Lucy could dish it out when she needed to.

I also adore "Lucy Hunts Uranium", as everyone is fighting against everyone due to nothing but miscommunication. So funny!

"Breaking the Lease" is probably my fave among the couple vs. couple episodes, although "Face to Face" is right up there for me too.

Archived