Was dropping off a friend and thought to drive by

Mmadluv7

Here's the old Lucy home :) hope it's not too big

img0057r.jpg

OMG, that is so BEAUTIFUL, THANKS so much for putting that up, got any more? MY BOYFRIEND WAS THERE A FEW WEEKS AGO, TOOK HUNDREDS OF SHOTS, HAD THEM STORED IN HIS CAMERA AND THEN IT GOT STOLEN, SO I NEVER GOT TO SEE THEM, THIS IS SO GREAT, THANKS AGAIN. Please, do you have any other shots of that big beautiful house?????

I still wish Lucy and Desi were able to negotiate for the house ACROSS the road. It is so much nicer. LOL! Well, they were probably on par before the new owners turned 100 Roxbury into a McMansion.

For some reason, when you go to a satellite view, you get a much clearer picture of 1000, Lucy's, than you do 1001 across the street, but i did get a view, partial, one time and you're right, it was huge as it sits on two lots, same as Stewart's home, but it's had so much work done over the years, i wonder what it looked like when Lucy saw it. Lucy's has had much renovation also of course, but the landscaping alone was so lush and well executed compared to the way it is today, all stark and cold, but the house does look good now, i've had a change of heart about it, it does look more modern now, but so austere in comparison to that beautiful shot of it that's all over the net, especially in Lucy images. It looked best in the fifties and sixties and seventies, when you see that shot of it after she died and gary was licving there alone, he let everything go to pot, the shrubs are turning brown in spots, the trees are overgrown and need pruning and the big beautiful tree on the left has been cut too much. The people there now must really like the sunshine as all the windows are exposed as opposed to before when they were surrounded by shutters and shrubs, made them look bigger but offered more privacy for the occupants. God how i love that house, did i mention it's been my screensaver for over a year now, LOL!

For some reason, when you go to a satellite view, you get a much clearer picture of 1000, Lucy's, than you do 1001 across the street, but i did get a view, partial, one time and you're right, it was huge as it sits on two lots, same as Stewart's home, but it's had so much work done over the years, i wonder what it looked like when Lucy saw it. Lucy's has had much renovation also of course, but the landscaping alone was so lush and well executed compared to the way it is today, all stark and cold, but the house does look good now, i've had a change of heart about it, it does look more modern now, but so austere in comparison to that beautiful shot of it that's all over the net, especially in Lucy images. It looked best in the fifties and sixties and seventies, when you see that shot of it after she died and gary was licving there alone, he let everything go to pot, the shrubs are turning brown in spots, the trees are overgrown and need pruning and the big beautiful tree on the left has been cut too much. The people there now must really like the sunshine as all the windows are exposed as opposed to before when they were surrounded by shutters and shrubs, made them look bigger but offered more privacy for the occupants. God how i love that house, did i mention it's been my screensaver for over a year now, LOL!

I agree Claude, it looks stunning now, much better than what I saw of it when Gary was living there post Lucy's death, he really did let it go to the stinker! Maybe he was in mourning and didn't have time to care for the outside? :rolleyes:

WOW that looks so much better then when I was there but then it was basically a building site then!

OMG, those were the worst pics ever, just seeing the wooden shell of the place, it was traumatic for me, like seeing my favorite home going through cancer treatment or something. I imagine it was more traumatic for Lucie to go there and be given a tour of the shell and them asking if she wanted anything and she asked for the peep hole from the front door and knocker too i believe.

I agree Claude, it looks stunning now, much better than what I saw of it when Gary was living there post Lucy's death, he really did let it go to the stinker! Maybe he was in mourning and didn't have time to care for the outside? :rolleyes:

He didn't take care of it because that would have cost MONEY, he was basically squatting there while they tried to sell that gigantic FIXER UPPER for years while the price went down from 7 and a half million to only 3 and a half and they basically had to throw him out when they finally sold the place, he thought sure it would go to him in the will, but Lucy insisted they sell the mansion. Wasn't it enough she gave him the Palm Springs house, so near to his beloved golf course.

Beautiful picture of the house -- thanks for posting it B) .

"MORETHANONESUBJECT

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

I just LOVE that ADT sign in the corner, yeah, like THAT would stop me from breaking in, LOL!"

You made me giggle with that ADT comment! :lol::D

Just the facts ma'am. LOL! If ony i had been born in L A. Then again, i certainly hope to get there before i croak.

Archived