Lucy-Desi Days 2005 Revisited!

I just checked my photobouquet account out of Shady Pines and here are some photos from Lucy-Desi Days 2005 -- the best Lucy Festival in the history of the medium:

Our first-ever sighting of HC:

img0003.jpg

Fan Reunion at the Celoron Fire Hall:

img0018.jpg

Eddie Albert Memorial Service:

img0103.jpg

(Feauring former Loungers Meredith and Krista. This photo took several takes until we all looked suitably depressed.)

Trivia Contest:

img0013.jpg

img0043.jpg

(HC walked off with top prize)

Costume Contest:

img0052.jpg

(Mel vs. the Galloping Grass Cutter)

img0053.jpg

(Mel with 1/3 of the Candid Camera Musical Bank Robbers)

img0057.jpg

(2/3 Musical Bank Robbers can be seen behind Glen the Lip and Baby Face Mike)

img0069.jpg

(Shelly and Meredith went as civilians)

img0073.jpg

(Hazel Pierce look-a-like)

MORE OF THE PARTY ON THE STAIRS:

img0074.jpg

img0076.jpg

img0083_r1.jpg

Random Shots:

img0097.jpg

Tom and Wanda

img0100.jpg

Birthday Girl Marilyn Borden (R.I.P. :( )

I have a ton of photos we took back in 2005 up in my Lucy gallery. I can never figure out how to get a picture in a thread so if anyone needs to repost and comment on the craziness feel free.

Lucy-Desi Days 2005

I think that ranked as the best time I've had in Jamestown.

I'll have to find the post Charlie wrote to his geek blog after I took him to his first festival back in 2003. That thing is hysterical and at that time he didn't know how crazy the Lucy obsession was as we had only been dating a year at that time.

I have a ton of photos we took back in 2005 up in my Lucy gallery. I can never figure out how to get a picture in a thread so if anyone needs to repost and comment on the craziness feel free.

Lucy-Desi Days 2005

I think that ranked as the best time I've had in Jamestown.

I'll have to find the post Charlie wrote to his geek blog after I took him to his first festival back in 2003. That thing is hysterical and at that time he didn't know how crazy the Lucy obsession was as we had only been dating a year at that time.

OMG, I remember reading that! Too funny!

I still lament not being able to go that year. For me, 2003 will always be my very favorite festival!

I worked both 2003 and 2005 festivals; but, as volunteer, I was 'full-time' run ragged; and I was oldddddddd; still ran circles around some of the younger ones. Sorry I didn't get to meet many fans back in those days....too busy; then, unfortunately, things went sadly awry at the Museum et al....It was a sad time for each of us 'formers'.... that includes, foundations, banks, sponsors, employees, volunteers, guests, stars, etc., and the list goes on....JK

• 2 weeks later...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These photos rock!!! Thank you for all the smiles and memories on this sombre day of the Diller passing. YES, 2005 was one incredible Jamestown visit! And my only one to date. 2001 Lucy Convention in Burbank was pretty phenominal, too. My only convention there, also. Guess I totally lucked out. We must recreate, though. I propose Los Angeles. All those in favour say AYE!

AYE!!! Aye. Aye yi yi....

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These photos rock!!! Thank you for all the smiles and memories on this sombre day of the Diller passing. YES, 2005 was one incredible Jamestown visit! And my only one to date. 2001 Lucy Convention in Burbank was pretty phenominal, too. My only convention there, also. Guess I totally lucked out. We must recreate, though. I propose Los Angeles. All those in favour say AYE!

AYE!!! Aye. Aye yi yi....

AYE YI YI! Yes, one more Burbank Convention would be WUNDAFUL!!! lucythrill.JPG

Brock, these are wonderful! What is that lonely wall of the Ricardo's first apartment doing on stage (looks like Reg Lenna) with HC in the seat on way left? It says time out chair in front of them too!!

That is how they did the trivia contests back in the good ole' days. The Time Out Chair was a tradition started by Trivia Quiz Master -- and all-round groovy person -- John Schillner. It was punishment for people in the audience who yelled out the answers. :lucythrill:

That is how they did the trivia contests back in the good ole' days. The Time Out Chair was a tradition started by Trivia Quiz Master -- and all-round groovy person -- John Schillner. It was punishment for people in the audience who yelled out the answers. :lucythrill:

Oh, very cool! I'm getting very nervous at the direction of the festival and the museum, it's starting to gear away from Lucy, but we won't go there.

Archived