Gale vs. Joe E. Brown (Sugar)

I just came across this nifty little program on eBay from Sugar:

$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiNjGBQNZtOhLHQ~~60_57.JPG

I didn't think they produced any programs with Gale's likeness on it. The only ones I have seen -- and there have been several on eBay over the last decade -- all feature Cyril Ritchard. Gale replaced Cyril during the run and the program I have has an insert on the replacement:

"In keeping with our policy to replace a star with a star, we consider ourselves fortunate in securing Gale Gordon to take over the role of Osgood Fielding, replacing Cyril Ritchard who created Osgood orginally. We are grateful for Mr. Gordon's help on very short notice."

Robert Morse starred in this production in the Jack Lemmon role.

Gale also starred in the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera's productions of The Merry Widow and Camelot.

I just came across this nifty little program on eBay from Sugar:

$T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiNjGBQNZtOhLHQ~~60_57.JPG

I didn't think they produced any programs with Gale's likeness on it. The only ones I have seen -- and there have been several on eBay over the last decade -- all feature Cyril Ritchard. Gale replaced Cyril during the run and the program I have has an insert on the replacement:

"In keeping with our policy to replace a star with a star, we consider ourselves fortunate in securing Gale Gordon to take over the role of Osgood Fielding, replacing Cyril Ritchard who created Osgood orginally. We are grateful for Mr. Gordon's help on very short notice."

Robert Morse starred in this production in the Jack Lemmon role.

Gale also starred in the Los Angeles Civic Light Opera's productions of The Merry Widow and Camelot.

How about the time he played Cleopatra?

Archived