Favorite ILL Season

I think this may have been talked about before, so forgive me if it is a repeat

What is your favorite/least favorite I Love Lucy season?

For me, This is tough because this is my favorite Lucy series (and I really enjoyed the Hollywood season 4). But I think I really like season 6 the best because they were all played with other like a well-oiled machine at this point. I also liked the fact that Little Ricky was old enough to be incorporated into the story lines and how they finally got out of the apartment and into a house. Maybe its because my parents (and now me) worried and complained about making ends meet with the bills, but I TOTALLY felt where Ricky was coming from when he worried about paying all of those new house bills lol.

Anyhoo, my least favorite season is probably season 3, because some of the episodes were a bit slow to me. I see why they writers wanted to create some excitement by making them go to Hollywood! Lol.

I think this may have been talked about before, so forgive me if it is a repeat

What is your favorite/least favorite I Love Lucy season?

For me, This is tough because this is my favorite Lucy series (and I really enjoyed the Hollywood season 4). But I think I really like season 6 the best because they were all played with other like a well-oiled machine at this point. I also liked the fact that Little Ricky was old enough to be incorporated into the story lines and how they finally got out of the apartment and into a house. Maybe its because my parents (and now me) worried and complained about making ends meet with the bills, but I TOTALLY felt where Ricky was coming from when he worried about paying all of those new house bills lol.

Anyhoo, my least favorite season is probably season 3, because some of the episodes were a bit slow to me. I see why they writers wanted to create some excitement by making them go to Hollywood! Lol.

At this point, EVERYTHING has been said before, TWICE, LOL! For me, season four in Hollywood, was the all time best of the entire series. And the weakest is season one as they were just getting their act together and working out the kinks and it wasn't a fine well oiled machine back then, although by THE FUR COAT they were doing fine.

I liked the fourth season the best and then the third season. The Hollywood episodes in the fifth season. The Connecticut years in the sixth season.

The least liked one is the first season.

I like the fourth season, then the second and third tied. I enjoy most of the fifth season but some of the shows during Europe didn't seem the best script wise. I like the first and sixth season evenly. Both are great mostly but the first show them ironing out the wrinkles and the sixth had a weak beginning. It was good to get them out of New York. Of the "seventh, eighth and ninth" seasons as some call LDCH I like the eighth, seventh, and the ninth is my least favorite ranking lower than some of the seasons of Lucy's later work. I can't stand the Milton Berle or Mustoche shows. They aren't funny. Japan is corny but hilarious.

Honestly. I love season 1 and 2. Mostly because that first season holds so many of my favorite episodes plus season 2 because of those pregnant episodes! Honestly most of the reason is because of how lovey dovey Lucy and Ricky are in those! But also the best comedy is during the California episodes.

Every season was strong. The first half of Season One is weaker. After that, everything is pretty consistent. However, I would say there was a (barely noticeable) dip in creativity in Early Season Six... a few gems sprinkled throughout... before the move to the country.

I think Season Three and Season Four are the strongest.

Interesting question ... I have been thinking about this lately.. so glad you asked.. I like season 3 the BEST.. and here is why.. by this point the show is running on its own steam, Miss Ball's wardrobe by Elois Jenssen alows her to look tres chic, the episodes devolope character and give more depth to the series, I enjoy most all the episodes from season 3 and love the interplay between all the characters. Season 6 in my opinion is the weekest except for the bar-b-que and lawnmower, the final season is extreamly dull to me (compared to the other seasons.. I would watch season 6 over many other shows in genereral, but we are talking about I Love Lucy seasons 1-6). Edward Stevenson does her wardrobe in season 6 and puts Miss Ball in nothing particullary "WOW" for me, Jess Oppenheimer has left the group and Weiskopf and Shiller are with Bob and Madelyn (good, but not as good as when Jess was at the helm) AND the final episode with Lucy as a Minuteman.. seems like a poor choice for a supreamly funny and top rated show... I must say, I enjoy reading everyone's opinion... this is why I Love Lucy is still beloved all over since it really has someting for everyone!

Archived