Five Came Back (FULL)

Brock

I've come to like this one more over the years. The copy I have has a TCM intro by Osborne who says it was a sleeper hit for RKO.

That's nice to know, also always read that Sorrowful Jones with Hope grossed twice what a normal Hope movie did in those days, Lucy was so different in that one. I also got to like this one much later on, i hated those cheap B movies but this one had a plot, good actors and a good dramatic and suspenseful feel to it till the end.

Both aren't that great. But Lucy looked beautiful in each film. But when didn't she look great?

Going home in her car after a hospital stay about a year before she died. I cannot get that damned picture out of my mind. In a white bathrobe, a turban, no make up, surrounded by flowers in her car, taken by a paparazzi who should have been shot on the spot. :lucyblah::lucydisgust:

Going home in her car after a hospital stay about a year before she died. I cannot get that damned picture out of my mind. In a white bathrobe, a turban, no make up, surrounded by flowers in her car, taken by a paparazzi who should have been shot on the spot. :lucyblah::lucydisgust:

I have heard of that photo so many times. I want to see it, never have.

I really haven't. I want to though. Hopefully someone has it.

I can't remember where I saw this picture, but I've seen it too. Like Claude said, it's a sad, pitiful picture that never should have been taken. Such a shameful - though not surprising - invasion of privacy.

But anyway, hooray for Five Came Back! This is one of my favorites of Lucy's early movies.

I can't remember where I saw this picture, but I've seen it too. Like Claude said, it's a sad, pitiful picture that never should have been taken. Such a shameful - though not surprising - invasion of privacy.

But anyway, hooray for Five Came Back! This is one of my favorites of Lucy's early movies.

You can read her face, like she's saying, well, i can't run away, so they're going to take this picture anyway, so she resigned herself to it, i felt so bad for her.

Archived