Lucy and the Boss of the Year award

I have only seen the end of this episode when Lucy sings "Thanks for the memories, of a boss I think is great . . ." but I have read that it seems to totally ignore the first 3 seasons of the show. She has apparently worked for him for all 6 years of the series and not 4 (1964-1968). And they didn't even bring her kids back or Vivian for the last episode. It was known she didn't want it to be a "finale" because it was going to be syndicated. Kind of sad that they completely ignored the first 3 years.

Well then, we're the only ones that really matter anyway, so . . . . . . .LOL!

And she actually worked for him just 2 1/2 years. She didn't start until "Danny Thomas" which was mid-way through season 4 and then it was only part-time. I don't know that there was any episode where she officially went from part to full time.

I don't know if the series ending was a done deal when this one was filmed, but yeah, a finale would have been good--maybe with flashbacks like "Lucy and Viv Reminisce" only with Lucy and Mooney. ("Remember the time I thought you were a gorilla?")

As long as you're proposing the kids come back, what about all of Mooney's kids and a surprise appearance by Irma Mooney -- and IMO there's only ONE actress who was BORN to play the part: Jody Gilbert.

Funny thing about "Danny Thomas". The CBS morning/NickAtNite version eliminates the scene where Mooney hires her. The NickatNite people must have read the plot synopsis and thought that would be a good one to run the night Gale Gordon died. Nobody bothered watching the episode because in the "Tribute to Gale Gordon" their honoree is nowhere to be seen!

And she actually worked for him just 2 1/2 years. She didn't start until "Danny Thomas" which was mid-way through season 4 and then it was only part-time. I don't know that there was any episode where she officially went from part to full time.

I don't know if the series ending was a done deal when this one was filmed, but yeah, a finale would have been good--maybe with flashbacks like "Lucy and Viv Reminisce" only with Lucy and Mooney. ("Remember the time I thought you were a gorilla?")

As long as you're proposing the kids come back, what about all of Mooney's kids and a surprise appearance by Irma Mooney -- and IMO there's only ONE actress who was BORN to play the part: Jody Gilbert.

Funny thing about "Danny Thomas". The CBS morning/NickAtNite version eliminates the scene where Mooney hires her. The NickatNite people must have read the plot synopsis and thought that would be a good one to run the night Gale Gordon died. Nobody bothered watching the episode because in the "Tribute to Gale Gordon" their honoree is nowhere to be seen!

Who's Jody Gilbert? And any relation to Melissa Joan or Ann Morgan?

Who's Jody Gilbert? And any relation to Melissa Joan or Ann Morgan?

Here's what I have:

Jody Gilbert, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) co-star, Texas, Brooklyn & Heaven, 1948; appears with (“I Love Lucy”) cast: the Arnazes, Vivian Vance and Frawley (Lucy's The Mertzes), among many others, CBS', Stars in the Eye, as Rosa, 1952; Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy Meets the Law”, 1967; guest, Desilu Productions', Mannix “You Can Get Killed Out There”, 1968; as well as guest, (“Here's Lucy”) “Lucy Goes to Prison”, 1973, is born this date in 1916. [relatives unknown... :marionstrong: ]

Archived