Lucy's Estate

Annaleigh

How much money did Miss Ball have when she passed?

I believe most of the reports said around 22 million. BUT, that included that house on Roxbury which was valued at 7 and a half million but only fetched 3 and a half million due to a stalled housing market and the fact that it had become a tear downer. If Lucy had held on to her Gulf and Western stock which split many times, it would have been about 50 million, if she and Desi had held on to the rights to the greatest sitcome ever produced, maybe around 100 million or more.

I believe most of the reports said around 22 million. BUT, that included that house on Roxbury which was valued at 7 and a half million but only fetched 3 and a half million due to a stalled housing market and the fact that it had become a tear downer. If Lucy had held on to her Gulf and Western stock which split many times, it would have been about 50 million, if she and Desi had held on to the rights to the greatest sitcome ever produced, maybe around 100 million or more.

Thanks. I've seen all sorts of numbers on the internet. Just wanted to see if actual Lucy fans knew so I could be informed! Haha.

Claude.. Why would her house be a "tear downer"? I find it hard to belive it was in THAT bad of shape.. would you please explain?

I was in the house after it was bought and while it had construction going on. I believe the housr then was like 70 some years old. Not a tear down but a gut down to the sturds and redo. I think the contractor said something about plaster walls, which I am sure was going to be drywalled with the redesign. So not a teardown but a redo.

Claude.. Why would her house be a "tear downer"? I find it hard to belive it was in THAT bad of shape.. would you please explain?

Housing reviews called it that, i always loved the place. The site was worth a fortune as it was such a prime location, BUT, it was so old fashioned inside, had never been decorated properly for that time period's decor, i don't believe it was as old as Shel is saying, i forget what year it was built but it would be that age NOW, not then. Ever see pics of Jack benny's or any other star on that street including Jimmy Stewart's? They looked like they had been frozen in the fifties and never spruced up and modernized. Which is probably why almost all of those houses have been torn down and rebuilt since, see Jack's and Jimmy's new digs on the satellite pics. If only the great Paula Stewart had been given a chance to REDO the Roxbury mansion the way she did Lucy's beautiful New York apartment. What they did with Lucy's was keep the shell but redid everything, but i loved the way it looked BEFORE, if only they had just restored it instead of redoing it completely differently, must look great INSIDE though, i mean, come on, Lucy still had rotary dial phones in there, fake flowers and plants, the kitchen cabinets looked like ours in the fifties. The only things it had inside that looked great were the giant screen that came down for them to watch movies in the den and the bathroom gary had done for her while she filmed Mame.

Housing reviews called it that, i always loved the place. The site was worth a fortune as it was such a prime location, BUT, it was so old fashioned inside, had never been decorated properly for that time period's decor, i don't believe it was as old as Shel is saying, i forget what year it was built but it would be that age NOW, not then. Ever see pics of Jack benny's or any other star on that street including Jimmy Stewart's? They looked like they had been frozen in the fifties and never spruced up and modernized. Which is probably why almost all of those houses have been torn down and rebuilt since, see Jack's and Jimmy's new digs on the satellite pics. If only the great Paula Stewart had been given a chance to REDO the Roxbury mansion the way she did Lucy's beautiful New York apartment. What they did with Lucy's was keep the shell but redid everything, but i loved the way it looked BEFORE, if only they had just restored it instead of redoing it completely differently, must look great INSIDE though, i mean, come on, Lucy still had rotary dial phones in there, fake flowers and plants, the kitchen cabinets looked like ours in the fifties. The only things it had inside that looked great were the giant screen that came down for them to watch movies in the den and the bathroom gary had done for her while she filmed Mame.

HOW do you know this Claude?? Were you ever in the house?? I have read about it and seen pictures and all I can say is it looked pretty cool to me.. When were you at the house or what pictures are you drawing from that leads you to this conclusion??? I am just curious not trying to be bitchy!

HOW do you know this Claude?? Were you ever in the house?? I have read about it and seen pictures and all I can say is it looked pretty cool to me.. When were you at the house or what pictures are you drawing from that leads you to this conclusion??? I am just curious not trying to be bitchy!

Huh, i read and look at the pictures of the place that have appeared on the net and in books and magazines, Barbara Walters' interview, that picture of it in '91 when gary was holed up in there, that shows you how much it has deteriorated already. The exterior landscaping looked better than the inside view. Don't get me wrong, back in the fifties, it looked fine inside, even in the early sixties, but once she was retired, the place just went downhill all the way.

Archived