Mame's Bobbi Jordan dies at 75

Brock

Bobbi Jordan, who played Pegeen in Mame, has died at the age of 75, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

Bobbi Jordan, who starred on General Hospital, in several primetime series and in the Lucille Ball film musical Mame, died Nov. 9 of a heart attack at her home in Encinitas, Calif. She was 75.

In the mid-1970s, Jordan had a three-year stint as former nightclub owner and singer Terri Webber Arnett on General Hospital. In one memorable story arc on the ABC daytime soap, she crashed her car after the wife of the man she was dating -- just released from a sanitarium -- tampered with her brakes. (Of course, he would operate on her to save her life.)

Throughout her career, Jordan continued to sing and perform on stages around the country, with a lead role in the first national tour of Stephen Sondheim’s musical Company and regional productions of Guys and Dolls, Damn Yankees, South Pacific and others.

Jordan’s husband, Bill Jacobson, head writer for The Kate Smith Hour, died last year.

She is survived by her son, writer-director Jordan Roberts (March of the Penguins); her grandchildren, Brandon Roberts, a rock musician and songwriter; Cameron Roberts, a high school sophomore and aspiring actor; her sister, Reba Sue Waters; and her stepdaughter, Jessie Jacobson.

FULL ARTICLE: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bobbi-jordan-general-hospital-dies-393923

Hearing that she ws 75, I thought she must have been older than I thought in "Mame" (in her 40s was my estimate)

I just can't used to the fact that people who were young-ish in the 60s-70s-80s are now OLD..

.I didn't age. Why should they?

However she WAS 37 in 1974, probably a little too old for the part as written, but perfectly acceptable.

She did a fine job in "Mame" for what she was asked to do, but did they really need her to be such a wee Irish lass?-- spouting cute-isms about her grandmuuuther? There's also that one LONG (time-wise) shot of her looking at Patrick as he heads up the stairs....The movie has slowed considerably at this point and we don't need anything else slowing it down more. This was either Saks's fault or the editor's.

Oh my Neil, is that YOU in that avatar pic with Lucy looking over you while in bed? The lady certainly did not look her age, they even had to age her at the end for the goodbye as Lucy and the kid board the plane. Before that, at the house, she looked very young, about twenty years younger than her real age.

Oh my Neil, is that YOU in that avatar pic with Lucy looking over you while in bed? The lady certainly did not look her age, they even had to age her at the end for the goodbye as Lucy and the kid board the plane. Before that, at the house, she looked very young, about twenty years younger than her real age.

Claude I agree. She didn't look 37 at all. I love the way she interacted with Lucy and handled her scene well. I love how she at first argues but then agrees with Mame to take their son on a trip. She made this character seem like someone next door like any good actress.

I don't mean this with any disrespect Neil but everytime I see that photo under your name it looks like a deceased person lying in a coffin. I actually find it quite eerie.

You should see it now with 40 years of decomposition and rigor mortis...T'ain't pretty!

Archived